SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Google business listing has been disabled. Seeking advice on a remedy.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Google business listing has been disabled. Seeking advice on a remedy. Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted
When I search for my business listing, I get a notice that it has been disabled because it does not meet their guidelines. I have had the listing for years and is similar to many other businesses in my field. I tried submitting a request to re-instate my listing but I just get another form letter that says that my listing does not meet their guidelines and gives no specific reason as to why. I have not found a way to actually contact someone at Google to address the problem.

Has anyone here dealt with this type of problem? Not having a listing has really slowed down my business. Is there a service available that deals with this type of problem?

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No help for the listing but I imagine your business is firearm related?
Could that be something?

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
No help for the listing but I imagine your business is firearm related?
Could that be something?

No firearms. It is just a tree service.

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Is the address commercial, or do you work out of your house?

I had a similar issue years ago as not only did Google count me as "residential", but also because I'm ultimately a mobile service who doesn't really cater to customers at this physical address.

I don't recall any of the specific steps that I took to resolve it, but I suspect your issue is probably something along those lines. I do remember than I had to end up submitting a video to them that was a quick walk around of my shop, and including a work vehicle (with license plate) which had the company name attached. Been good to go ever since.

I suspect that you have a lot of scammers that play games with their system in order to siphon money away from legitimate locals.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15726 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I get phone calls daily that my google listing is about to expire. Only thing is, I don't have a google listing.

Best I could find was a page on Googles Business listing guidelines. hope it helps

https://support.google.com/bus...answer/3038177?hl=en

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Maybe change your business address to a PO Box? Oops, the excellent link posted by HRK says PO Boxes area no-go, must be a street address, however, service area businesses do not have to show an address at all.

Go on Google Maps, find your business, and "claim" it (maybe too late if you've already been de-listed).

I suspect this is an attempt to get you more invested in the Googleverse, maybe to buy an ad, or pay to get better search results. Maybe you should try contacting the sales department rather than tech support?

Posts: 6501 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
It happened to mine as well, it just got caught up in the algorithm. I would appeal it and it should just reinstate.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect: Maybe you should try contacting the sales department rather than tech support?

This...
It wasn't Google, but I had an issue with a vendor and couldn't get the time of day from their support folks. I contacted the Sales Department and asked about upgrading a product (which I wanted to do anyway), but that I was having problems with support. Sales guy said he would handle it, and within a day things were back on track. I'm sure the prospect of us purchasing an upgrade made some difference- perhaps there is something you can discuss purchasing from Google? Like an Ad as mentioned above - but you'd be surprised how much power some sales departments have...
Good luck!!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go on Google Maps, find your business, and "claim" it (maybe too late if you've already been de-listed).

It amazes me how many small businesses fail to do this.
Around here many people looking for services go to google. When I see no one claim a business I just move on.

quote:
maybe to buy an ad, or pay to get better search results. Maybe you should try contacting the sales department rather than tech support?

This might be worth a try.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dealing with automated responses is quite frustrating, especially when there are no specifics to guide changes. First, ensure you thoroughly understand Google's guidelines. They're detailed, but a minor misstep could be the reason.
I once had similar trouble (not with the listing, but with Google Ads), which cost me time and money. I started using this AdSpy tool. It has helped me align my ads with Google's policies. While it's not a service to deal with listing issues directly, understanding guidelines through real-time examples can make a difference.
Perhaps you could hire a consultant specializing in Google business listings? They're experienced and might better interpret Google's guidelines or directly help you appeal the disablement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mac_220,

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 47 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post