SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite halloween candy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite halloween candy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
100Grand candy bars followed by any other candy bar as long it doesn't have coconut. Also liked gobstoppers and jolly ranchers.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily for Hallowe'en, but my favorite candy bars are, in order: Clark (can't find them any more), Baby Ruth, Snickers, Milky Way, Mr. Goodbar, and any good milk chocolate (Cadbury, Nestlé, even plain Hershey's).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife must be right, There's something wrong with me.

Apparently, I'm the only one in the room with any love for a Nestle's Crunch Bar.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Not necessarily for Hallowe'en, but my favorite candy bars are, in order: Clark (can't find them any more), Baby Ruth, Snickers, Milky Way, Mr. Goodbar, and any good milk chocolate (Cadbury, Nestlé, even plain Hershey's).

flashguy

The folks that made Clarks had a few rough years, but they're back. At least on Amazon. I could always find them at Target before the troubles. I'm hoping a recently opened candy store in the closest mall carries them.

Posts: 3230 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Reeses THINS. The regular choc ones. And Lindt milk choc balls. I kind of like Whoppers too.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6332 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter M&Ms

Crack cocaine with colors.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17324 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

The folks that made Clarks had a few rough years, but they're back. At least on Amazon. I could always find them at Target before the troubles. I'm hoping a recently opened candy store in the closest mall carries them.
I used to find them at a Frye's Electronics store, but they're gone (and so is the store).

64Dodge, I do like Nestlé's Crunch, it just isn't in my top 5.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's a Philly area thing, are these even seen outside the PA/NJ/DE region?

My absolute favorite:

IIRC these were originally developed as an emergency ration for the Doughboys of WWI!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...erg%27s_Peanut_Chews

Posts: 33915 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A biiiig bag of the small Hershey candy bars, Snickers, Milky Way, etc.

Sadly, when we lived in St. Pete, on the water, we had soooo many trick or treaters, but now since we've lived in our current location, nice neighborhood, nice people, but probably, in the last 15 or so years, we've only had maybe 10-15 kids trick or treating in all that time.

We still buy the candy, though often we get no kids, and either take it to the Church the next
Sunday or toss it.

Come to think of it, there's only two families in this area with kids-both have only babies. We don't even hear kids out there on Halloween.

Oh, well, we'll buy again this year. Our
Church does a Trunk or Treat each year and gets quite a few kids in St. Pete. My wife likes to go and help there while I'm held prisoner here at home waiting for the kids who...never...come.

Sniffle, sob....

Bob

Posts: 1585 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Participation has been steadily declining in my neighborhood too. We never really got a LOT of traffic on Halloween, but I always got at least a half dozen or so groups of kids. In 2019 my doorbell rang exactly once. Last year, nada. Not sure whether that was due to the wu-hu flu or the fact that there really aren't any families around here with kids (or even teenagers anymore), but we'll see if anybody comes around this year. Of course that won't stop me from laying in a BIG bag of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.... Wink

Posts: 7281 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Only during a 2-3 week window every year in October:

Brach's FRESH Candy Corn

Posts: 4055 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups then anything else with chocolate.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I associate Halloween with certain candies. Most of what yall have listed are available 365 days a year.

I do enjoy Candy Corn, but I'd have to say that my favorite Halloween candy are what, in my area of the country of West TN, were called Mary Janes.

Posts: 11176 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the gummy candies- bears,coke bottles, etc.. For bars, I enjoy Milky Way.

Posts: 6923 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Almond Joy

Same here, plus candy corn, at so much it would make me sick...

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
My wife must be right, There's something wrong with me.

Apparently, I'm the only one in the room with any love for a Nestle's Crunch Bar.

I like Nestle's Crunch, but it didn't make my top three or four.

Posts: 2698 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The candy corn. They are EVIL!!

Posts: 1456 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Today, I bought a Heath Bar. Not surprisingly, I ate it. It was delicious. I do not regret my actions. Stop me before I eat again.

Posts: 107801 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I have one. If pressed I'd probably say the mini Snickers bars.

When I was a kid we had one house on our route who was a dentist. Always gave out little packs of floss or those red things that showed you where you needed to brush when you chewed them. You know, the ones that colored your teeth. Never any candy. We stopped at that house every year. He had a big wooden tooth out front. We knew he was a dentist. We knew we weren't getting candy.

For the life of me I don't know why we stoped there every year.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
The candy corn. They are EVIL!!
You got that right! They are truly addictive. One eats them until sick.

flashguy