SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida move update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida move update Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Welcome to America!

We’re at the southern end of 17.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Tony! You do what's best for you and your family. There are many ways to define success.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tony! Hope you like the heat! I’ve thought about moving there…

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sounds like a good move. We moved last year, it’s pretty much all relative in terms of pricing depending on where you go. I’m guessing 2022 will stabilize but we won’t see anything like 2008 which presented a very different set of conditions. We have been pondering Florida a bit ourselves…probably another 8-10 years or so for our next move.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Benny, even if you go into an apartment for a year, it won’t be money wasted.

To anyone who thinks the housing market is stupid, check out the rental market in Florida. There are places around Orlando where a 2 bedroom is renting for $2,500 per month. And that is not in a high rise in downtown. That is your standard apartment complex in the suburbs, three levels, multiple buildings.

I sold and bought a new home recently. I had a few people tell me, "You should rent for a year." I did look into it. But two problems; the rental occupancy is over 90%, which means they are essentially full. And the rents are insane. I would have needed a 3 bedroom. That would be about $36,000 for a years worth of rent. I said, "No thanks" to that option.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your up coming move. The Auburndale area is nice.
The state has an outdoor range not to far from you it is called Tenoroc. Once you get settled in maybe we can all get together for a group outing.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great plan to me! Looking forward to it!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, welcome to the GunShine State!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Benny!
We are selling our lake home here in VA and contemplating a move to the Southeast coast so I understand your desire to move to FL. We have found a few places along the St. John's River that look nice.
We bought a home last year in Pinehurst to be near our deployed son's family and got it for a great price and 2.125% financing so the money is definitely working out while we wait for the market to cool a bit.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Sorry I will miss you when I make my move up to the mountains in southern Oregon. Love it there.

I had visions of M14s on the front lines fighting back Antifa from the North for about 3 mins until they were defeated and Oregon is liberated. Big Grin

Anyway, totally get the move and I hope it goes well. A leapfrog forward to a greener Lilly Pad.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Florida. We need more folks like you, Tony. Good luck with the move.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bet you'll love Florida. I love the heat and most everyone has A/C to escape it when necessary. Even as a kid, the heat was great and only really noticeable at night when trying to sleep. My Mom bought a big wall mounted unit in '63, IIRC, and life was good at night. Now with the central units it's great.

My wife, a Pennsylvania girl, hated the heat at first, but has grown accustomed to it and, though we have talked about moving occasionally over the years, we just can't think of a place better or even as good as we believe our area is for us.

And, of course, our Governor makes a big difference in how we view our little part of the world. The no income tax is fantastic.

There are just so many things about this state that make it a paradise for us and I hope many of those same things will make it one for you and your family. too.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
New construction here in FLA is backed up a year due to materials. It is a great state to live in. Good luck-cheers!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post