SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big shark in ocean, puma in living room. drunken bear in the hot tub. You choose.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big shark in ocean, puma in living room. drunken bear in the hot tub. You choose. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I'll take the puma, thanks. Looks snuggly.

quote:
Oregon woman finds mountain lion napping in her home: 'This is wild'

An Oregon woman recently came home to an unusual surprise: a mountain lion, which continued taking a nap for six more hours behind her sofa.

The odd encounter took place on July 8 in the Ashland, Ore., home of Lauren Taylor.

After drinking from a pond in Taylor’s backyard, the cat likely entered her home through an open back door, she explained in Facebook. The post had garnered more than 17,000 reactions and shares as of Tuesday morning.

“This is wild,” she wrote. “The door was open and the room has huge plants and stairs built around real tree branches, so she likely didn't even realize she was walking indoors until she was inside.”

After entering the home, the cat was startled by Taylor's roommate, who screamed upon seeing the mountain lion. This prompted the wild animal to hide behind the sofa, where it snoozed for several hours.

Taylor made a noise to wake the feline, but then “gazed lovingly into her eyes, and communicated using feline-speak eye blinking to calm her,” she wrote.

“It was amazing to realize that this worked. I gazed lovingly then blinked hard and then she did it back,” Taylor continued, adding that the cat then went back to sleep. “She clearly felt safe and she showed no inclination to leave."

When the cat awoke a second time, Taylor said she “again connected in a loving gaze and communicated trust through blinking.”

With just “a couple hours to dawn,” Taylor decided it was time to “prompt her to leave without alarming her so much that she panicked.”

The Oregon woman then used a drum to encourage the lion to exit the home.

“She roused and knew just what to do.... walking out through the open doors, through the yard, across the creek, and through the empty field behind us exactly as we had shown her,” said Taylor, adding she has “extensive experience working with energy and animals."

“It was a perfect ending to a blessed encounter that could have been dangerous if approached from a lower frequency,” she continued. “May she stay safely in the hills to enjoy a long life as a wild and healthy lion.”

Taylor was not immediately available for additional comment when contacted by Fox News on Tuesday.

In other critter news, there is a story of bear hanging out in a California hot tub, knocking back a Margarita.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32057 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'll take the puma too...at least you can make it chase the "red dot"...a bear in a hot tub under the influence of alcohol sounds like a problem Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'd still be scrubbing the blood from the floor and the poop from my pants. Big Grin

Posts: 21383 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Puma.

I don't have a gun in the hot tub or the ocean.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
She is looking at a puma and blinking her eyes to show love? If that puma was hungry, she would be lunch.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7214 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I take the shark. I get professional courtesy. I’m not sure bears and pumas are dialed in on that gig.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'd still be scrubbing the blood from the floor and the poop from my pants. Big Grin

Yep at much as I love big cats and think they are beautiful. It'd be a dead cat if I roused it, I certainly would not gaze lovingly into its eyes. If I could quietly back out, I'd call animal control. Either way I'd probably need to do laundry.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
then “gazed lovingly into her eyes, and communicated using feline-speak eye blinking to calm her,” she wrote.

quote:
When the cat awoke a second time, Taylor said she “again connected in a loving gaze and communicated trust through blinking.”
Future Darwin Award winner right there. First, it's idiotic to leave your doors open in mountain lion country. Second, I cannot even comprehend how batshit crazy she must be to communicate lovingly with her eyes and then do it again.

One day she will likely amount to shit, and it'll be predator (mountain lion, bear, wolf, etc) shit.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Yep at much as I love big cats and think they are beautiful. It'd be a dead cat if I roused it, I certainly would not gaze lovingly into its eyes. If I could quietly back out, I'd call animal control. Either way I'd probably need to do laundry.
I'd be gazing lovingly at the front site of my 12 gauge loaded with Brenneke Black Majik slugs (i.e. bear slugs) or gazing lovingly at the crosshairs of my .338 Win Mag loaded with 225 grain solids.

Either way, I'd be Googling if it's better to mop up blood or use a shop vac.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bear. Obviously the party animal.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2395 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'll take the bear. A California bear is probably the least likely of the three to kill you if you leave it alone; it's already outside, unlike the puma; and you're not in its wheelhouse like the shark.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
If “kitty” got in my house the second thing I would do is dig out all the hamburger and meat from the fridge and lay it in a path leading outside. You wanna make damn sure that cat ain’t hungry. The first thing: arming up. I wouldn’t want to have to shoot it but being an appetizer is not one of my ambitions.

And that broad is out of her gourd. Cheese done slid off her cracker. She actually thinks she communicated with the cat? I’m surprised she didn’t try to put a cute costume on it and go for a ride on the Roomba. 100% delusional. Eek

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2050 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep... Lets all gaze lovingly at the apex predator behind the sofa.
Future kitty kibble. And don't forget your drum.
And for you non cat types, there are quite a few people who believe that your house cat communicates with you through the way it blinks at you. And that you also can communicate to kitty with blinks too.
Wouldn't bear hair clog your hot tub filter?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’ll bet that lady thinks if she could just talk to terrorists and criminals she make them good. Roll Eyes

That bear was funny though. Dude really wanted to see where those bubbles were coming from.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
hump the puma, kill the shark, marry the bear.

Posts: 10811 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
“It was a perfect ending to a blessed encounter that could have been dangerous if approached from a lower frequency,” she continued. “May she stay safely in the hills to enjoy a long life as a wild and healthy lion.”

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
That broad in the article has taken one too many hits of LSD! Jesus Christ, what an absolute lunatic!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I take the shark. I get professional courtesy. I’m not sure bears and pumas are dialed in on that gig.

I saw what you did there. Wink

Posts: 418 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post