SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Professor Steven Hawking dies, age 76
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Professor Steven Hawking dies, age 76 Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Smart guy. Otherwise a douchebag that left his devoted wife of 27 years for his hosebag nurse.

I guess karma caught up with him though with the abuse he suffered by his second wife Elaine.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I seem to recall he later abandoned the single big bang theory in favor of a repeating series of big bang events.

The Big Bang theory forced him to admit that there must be a Creator, and he didn't like that. In attempting to retract from that notion, he came up with other theories.

I have no doubt that Dr. Hawking was angry with God because of his physical condition, but I hope he is at peace now and has been reconciled to God.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
He lost me when he got political, just like many other "experts" and "smart people."

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
He lost me when he got political, just like many other "experts" and "smart people."

Tony.

I hear you. He got political years ago and remained a darling of the left ever since.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
RIP, and peace to him. What a terrible thing to be imprisoned in a body like that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheldon Cooper will miss him!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
He got political years ago and remained a darling of the left ever since.
Thank God I no longer have to see stories with headlines such as "Stephen Hawking says Donald Trump's election means Man has less than 150 years of oxygen left" or "Stephen Hawking says that climate change attracts brain-eating invaders from Mars"

Seriously, fuck that guy, making outlandish predictions which are challenged by no one. You know, he's...special, so we can't criticize him or question his claims.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Seems fitting that he should pass away on Pi Day (3.14).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How cute

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If he had said that global warming was a hoax, or that there are in fact only two sexes, his "smartest man in the world" reputation would have blown up. The MSM would have savaged him as a kook and a bigot. Bill Nye would have labeled him the dumbest guy in science.

(*Homer Simpson voice* Mmmmmmm, Pie Day.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, that, too? I wasn't aware that he was an anti-Semite as well.

What about all those brilliant astrophysicists who haven't written a book for laymen, and who don't capture society's imagination by slowly melting into a wheelchair? Too bad for them, huh? They have the same brain power as Hawking. They just didn't make themselves conspicuous, nor set their selves up as the smartest people who ever lived. No, Hawking had that market cornered.

Para:
https://www.amazon.com/Starlig...rds=hartnett+physics
Here's a book written by a physicist for laymen (but includes lots of math & physics)that explains much. In it, Hartnett shows the universe is bounded and limited, both contradicting Hawking's opinion. I recommend it to all you. It'll open your hearts/minds to a hope of a better future. Hartnett and Moshe Carmeli should receive the Nobel for their work some day.
Don

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by donls:
quote:

What about all those brilliant astrophysicists who haven't written a book for laymen, and who don't capture society's imagination by slowly melting into a wheelchair? Too bad for them, huh? They have the same brain power as Hawking. They just didn't make themselves conspicuous, nor set their selves up as the smartest people who ever lived. No, Hawking had that market cornered.

Para:
Here's a book written by a physicist for laymen (but includes lots of math & physics)that explains much. In it, Hartnett shows the universe is bounded and limited, both contradicting Hawking's opinion. I recommend it to all you. It'll open your hearts/minds to a hope of a better future. Hartnett and Moshe Carmeli should receive the Nobel for their work some day.
Don

Isn't that the guy who claims the Earth is 6000 years old?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
quote:

Para:
Don

Yes.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I am genuinely going to miss David Ogden Stiers.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Para:
Don

That isn't physics, it is religion. Faith is great, but not when it masquerades as science.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I am genuinely going to miss David Ogden Stiers.
And y'know, Stiers may have been involved in politics, may have made strong political statements, but I'll be damned if know of a single one of them. I suppose this is because he stuck to what he knows, stuck to his profession, and didn't try to use his celebrity to influence others politically, unlike the dead professor.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
quote:

Para:
Don

Yes...but if his math holds up (and so far it does), then a LOT of questions/problems are solved... there's no "missing" dark matter or "missing" dark energy, as they don't exist! Carmeli's space-velocity solves many of Einstein's problems on a cosmological scale, and Hartnett's work on Carmeli's cosmological relativity expands the possiblities. IF the universe is bounded and finite, then time expanded exponentially shortly after the initial creation.
Either way, Hartnett and others (Humphreys, et. al) show that one can hold to one's spiritual beliefs AND remain scientifically rigorous. (as Newton and others did).
Don

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
RIP Stephen Hawking

Hahaha! Big Grin

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I guess he's finding out right now if he was right or wrong about that statement:

"We are each free to believe what we want and it is my view that the simplest explanation is there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization. There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that, I am extremely grateful."

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Every time I see his name I hear the voice of the WOPR from Wargames - "Would you like to play a game?"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post