SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Atlanta Falcons honor Michael Vick
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atlanta Falcons honor Michael Vick Login/Join 
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Once a perp, always a perp. I guarantee he's slingin' dope as we speak.

Posts: 1982 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Vick got out of prison and had a good career since, as far as I can tell. I have no reason to believe that he's doing anything illegal these days. I simply believe it's outrageous for Vick to be honored officially, given the enmity that still exists toward him by much of the public, a decade on. Best to retire quietly. No shame in that.

This seems almost provocative to me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Vick got out of prison and had a good career since, as far as I can tell. I have no reason to believe that he's doing anything illegal these days. I simply believe it's outrageous for Vick to be honored officially, given the enmity that still exists toward him by much of the public, a decade on. Best to retire quietly. No shame in that.

It's a slap in the face to all of the fans, and especially all of the good players giving back to their communities, that's what this is.

Posts: 5226 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love dogs and hate what Vick did but he served time in jail, has become a repentant man, changed his life around so I have no problem with him being recognized by the Falcons. People who have changed for the good deserve a second chance.

Posts: 1714 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
From the article in Para's OP:
quote:
“I plan to help young men with decision-making,” Vick said of his future plans on Monday.

Words fail here.

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I love dogs and hate what Vick did but he served time in jail, has become a repentant man, changed his life around so I have no problem with him being recognized by the Falcons. People who have changed for the good deserve a second chance.

If you watch The Champions, about what happened to some of his dogs, you might feel different!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some things, I do not forgive, can never forgive. Animal cruelty is one of those things I can never forgive. He paid his debt to "society" meaning that he was subjected to the statutory laws governing his sick behavior. Just because the established government says "You must pay X penalty for X crime", and then went through the steps to see this is done does not change what he did.

I cannot, will not forgive him, nor will many, many others in this world. I don't give a rat's ass if he "paid his debt to society." I am not the government, and under no circumstances will I tolerate anyone who hurts/abuses/kills animals, and I am far from alone. Anyone who thinks that Vick's 23 months in prison make all of this OK is very much mistaken.

Ask me in another 10 years. My answer will be the same as it is today.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I'll be doggone!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
With some of the early money that Vick got from pro football, he started a dog fighting "business".

Vick is forever scum.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

But by and large, fans of the Falcons have forgiven him and were excited to see him involved with the team a bit last year.

I would guess that the vast majority of the names on the petition are not fans. So who should the Falcons organization cater to?

(I'm speaking from a strictly business standpoint for the falcons.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
NFL teams hire thugs and then act surprised that they behave like thugs. Players like this fool will continue to drag professional sports into the sewer. Then to celebrate this asshole puts an exclamation point on what's wrong with the culture. The real tragedy is the number of kids who have thugs like this as their role models.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Vick killed animals for sport.

He had a second chance...therefore, he is lucky to have a job doing what he loves. That does not mean he needs to be celebrated.

NFL - National Felons League.

He may have "paid" his debt to society; I'll consider it paid after he's gone.

Posts: 1726 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No ethics in the NFL!

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Makes me ashamed to be a Falcons fan.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post