SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unacceptable but endemic behavior - Fine them more
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unacceptable but endemic behavior - Fine them more Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
So tired of reading about these people. If you're reasonably presenting a case why the officer is mistakenly trying to cite you, fine.

But if you're just being an entitled ass like these people, maybe we need a compulsory suspension of privileges and/or an extensive fine (not sure what amount, but more than enough to make these people think twice before opening their cranial mounted asshole).

https://www.americanthinker.co...ideo_goes_viral.html

June 29, 2021
'What not to say to a cop' video goes viral
By Monica Showalter

My brother-in-law, who spent 20 years in the San Diego Police Department as a cop before retiring to Idaho, said he used to ask for patrol assignments in poor neighborhoods over rich ones.

"The poor people know the rules," he explained. What he couldn't stand were rich, entitled jackasses from places like La Jolla, giving untold complaints, threats, snowflakery, and rank-pullings, and worse, over their traffic tickets.

So here's what he was talking about, according to a video posted by the Daily Caller:

She's sanctimonious, whiny, garrulous, argumentative, constantly deflecting the issue about her own texting while driving, and soon slides into snowflakery about her personal safety and personal property, as well as lectures the cop on the law, telling the cop she pays his salary, and spewing some amazingly obnoxious things without a lick of common sense. She's amazingly unaware of how bad she sounds, and she just keeps digging even as the penalties to her get higher.

She's also obviously rich, given her late-model car and the expensive sports-equipment rack on the top of her vehicle by the Swedish design company Thule.

Less entitled people would do everything possible to avoid a ticket after being pulled over. Cops, after all, usually have some leeway to issue a citation or warning, and for the person in that position, their main task at hand is to somehow persuade the cop one way or another to issue the warning instead of the ticket. But not this doofus. Texting while driving tends to bring triple-digit tickets, so, obviously, she paid.

I googled around about this incident, and it's apparent it was probably posted before the war on police dating from the George Floyd incident, dating around 2018. The officer in question is apparently a Columbus Police Department officer named "Connor" who has a campaign of sorts to stop texting while driving, which is certainly responsible for many accidents and comparable to drunk driving, given the driver impairment. He also seems to have posted this one — from a very similar-looking woman who starts off by calling him a "douchebag.":

A rock music station called The Blitz has more background on this charmer. She posted lies about the cop on social media and tried to rally the community against him, prompting the cop and his department to release the police camera footage. So it's sort of a genre, and there are probably a lot of them out there.

It's a good example of turning the tables on the originally left-wing demands to film cops, as if they are the ones doing something wrong, proving to everyone that they usually aren't. And sure enough, it's Columbus P.D., where the officer who shot the teenager with a knife in the act of stabbing a woman in pink earlier this year was pretty well saved from a barrage of lies from the left by his cop cam. Obviously, Columbus seems to be a city that stands by its police and uses its cop cams to spread truth.

But the prevalence of such people is interesting, too. Could this sense of entitlement be the result of too much money and too little belief that rules apply to one? These women seem to think rules don't apply to them — hence their shock at being pulled over. One wonders. The other thing worth considering is whether the recent examples of passengers fighting the flight attendants on jet aircrafts during flights is this kind of mentality at work, too. We don't know at this point, but one thing seems clear: there sure are a lot of rich people with an entitlement mentality, a sure sign of a flabby society.

One hopes the cops keep posting these videos, given that society has lost its sense of shame and activists and their lies frequently gain the upper hand in the press. Once a sense of shame is restored, these videos won't be necessary.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
War Story:
I once investigated a vehicle crash in which a woman backed out of her driveway and t-bones a passing vehicle. No rocket science involved. No need for the FBI, CSI or a massive investigation. Just a pinch for failure to yield. I could have also wrote her for improper backing, but that would be rubbing salt in her wound, so I let that go. While seated in the patrol car and after she learned I was going to cite her, she went apeshit with all the usual BS. Her family was watching and once they figured out a ticket was being written, they joined in and raised hell, at one point banging on the patrol car. I just left the scene, drove a short distance away and completed my paperwork before driving Mrs. Congeniality back home. Think it was over? Nope. She showed up at the PD and raised hell with my Chief, telling him I "kidnapped" her. That went nowhere. But it aint over yet, folks! She went over to our municipal court and raised hell with the staff. Our courthouse was in another city and the local PD showed up. Arrested her for various charges and tossed her in the clink.
Which illustrates the point of the article. When you find yourself in a self created hole, dont keep digging!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The earth is crawling with these entitled people. And the story tellers BIL is right, I worked the hood and it was part of the game, they knew it was just business…when I was assigned to the other side of town a stop usually started with, “do you know who I am? Or mom or dad or so and so.” Those people never got any discretion from me.

Run your mouth, you are getting the works.
Be polite and respectful maybe you’ll catch a warning, or at least not be drug downtown to jail when I could issue a ticket.

Glad I’m retired now.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The only time I’ve ever been let off with a warning was when I was pulled for riding with an expired plate on my Yamaha R1 and was very apologetic, friendly and fully expected to be ticketed so I never asked for leniency or a pass. I actually just spent my time talking to the back up officer about all the stuff I fixed on my bike over the years. I was shocked when the other officer who originally pulled me over smiled and said something like “go get it inspected” and then left.

I fully agree that those who push rank and try to manipulate or go above an officer to their superior when they are truly in the wrong should receive even heavier fines and possibly even jail time depending on the situation. I cannot stand that behavior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The author forgot to describe her as churlish.... Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One hopes the cops keep posting these videos, given that society has lost its sense of shame and activists and their lies frequently gain the upper hand in the press. Once a sense of shame is restored, these videos won't be necessary."

Here's where I argue.
I've been sued before. 6 times to be exact, all were bullshit lawsuits.
(You'd figure that if someone claims that I broke their arm, there'd be some sort of X-ray, note from a Dr... Hell, a note from their dead grandmother... Me? Nothing. They still won.)

This officer, and other officers need to start playing their game. Use THEIR rules, THEIR tactics against them.

Sue.
That.
Bitch.

Oh, want to post lies on social media, yet there's video proving her wrong?
Somewhere slander and defamation of character comes in.
Go for it Officer!

My problem was all the bullshit tossed at me was from some hood-rat with nothing to loose.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’ve talked to a few police men that say that the entitled rich consider fines the cost of being able to do those illegal things. Seems about right.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
"One hopes the cops keep posting these videos, given that society has lost its sense of shame and activists and their lies frequently gain the upper hand in the press. Once a sense of shame is restored, these videos won't be necessary."
The problem with this is that a large portion of the country, even after seeing this video, would still side with this moron. We've slipped into a world of Idiocracy, and I don't know how we get out of it given the growing number of morons out there today.

Simple ROE I try to empress on my son and his friends. If a cop pulls you over, be polite, follow his instructions, sign the ticket, and go on your way. It is neither the time nor the place to debate a ticket on the side of the road. That happens in court. Unfortunately, a huge majority of the population thinks they're entitled to do as they please 24/7 with zero ramifications.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
And maybe they would think twice if their license were suspended for a month....

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
And maybe they would think twice if their license were suspended for a month....

Many of them would continue driving without a valid license.......privilege and all!!

Posts: 6630 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I’ve talked to a few police men that say that the entitled rich consider fines the cost of being able to do those illegal things. Seems about right.

Isn't that why they also put a point system on citations, so rich people can't just laugh off the dollar penalties?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Isn't that why they also put a point system on citations, so rich people can't just laugh off the dollar penalties?

Points was invented by the insurance company lobby to make more money.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Along these lines: I found that in the past, rich people would just drive in the HOV lanes and pay the fines - no big deal. Apparently, now you can just pay to get an HOV permit. So, the rich can use HOV lanes without any burden; basically free from their perspective. Wouldn't be surprising if pols get a free pass as well. The rest of us mere mortals get to sit in traffic.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Unfortunately, a huge majority of the population thinks they're entitled to do as they please 24/7 with zero ramifications.

There's definitely a segment of the population, irregardless of race, culture, economic situation, fanned of course by social media & entertainment, that its perfectly acceptable to go-off on an officer during a basic stop; how dare you stop me...I'm gonna give you a piece of my mind.

As pointed-out, officers have the discretion to issue warnings over infractions however, if the individual appears to not be understanding of the situation, especially if the person is acting aggressively cynical, irrational and/or, confrontational...what choice does the officer have? You're getting the ticket and if you keep it up, you might get another or, actually be detained if one keeps at it.

The body-cam has been hugely beneficial for LEO's, initially the short-term thinking was resistance (big brother analyzing your every move), and it's biggest proponents (social-Lefties/anti-police) were those who's belief that they'd catch all the illegal and violating behavior that LEO's are accused of. While footage of bad-behavior has been caught, the bigger upshot, is showing the public the poor behavior by so many people, particularly ones like this traffic stop, along with violent & lethal encounters. Body-cams, dash-cams and home cams have resulted in a treasure trove evidence revealing the bad behavior of a self-absorbed society.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is why I LOVE all the new body cameras the leftists demanded police wear so that the injustices we engage in would be front and center. It has backfired and blown up explosively in their smarmy faces. No more lies in complaint letters. Everything is right in 1080 video with clear audio. It has saved some asses and will save more…undermining the lefts narrative to boot.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My bet is that most of those people that behave that way needed their ass beat when they were 4 or 5 to learn there is negative consequences for undesirable behavior. Maybe loss of privileges and/or grounding when they got older. But instead lazy parents just let it slide. Any takers on that bet?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
This is why I LOVE all the new body cameras the leftists demanded police wear so that the injustices we engage in would be front and center. It has backfired and blown up explosively in their smarmy faces. No more lies in complaint letters. Everything is right in 1080 video with clear audio. It has saved some asses and will save more…undermining the lefts narrative to boot.

To be fair about it, it's also uncovered lies from LE's side a number of times.

Works both ways.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

To be fair about it, it's also uncovered lies from LE's side a number of times.

Works both ways.

It's working far more in behalf OF law enforcement than against.

IIRC, the nice people over at the aclu wanted to drop the body cams in a few cities because it wasn't working the way they expected (or wanted) it to.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I was almost 50 when I got my first speeding ticket, for going too fast on the local Interstate (but I was actually about the same speed of other cars but in a red Mustang). When the cop handed me the ticket he said "You are the most polite person I've ever given a ticket to, Mr. Casteel". I was raised to be polite and cooperative to persons in authority. Doing so had resulted in a few warnings over the years.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
As some have previously mentioned that you should suspend their drivers liscense but trust me it will only stop a small fraction of those to stop driving. Some even wear the suspension as a badge of enpowerment when they continue to drive. And all the adding of points only adds more money into the coffers of the insurance companies. Driving a vehicle is not a right. It is a privilidge IF that person follows the rules as well as the laws. If they can not do this then introduce them to the loss of their vehicle by impoundment and or a stay in the corrections system. They only care about themselves and could care less about the others. ........................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2022 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post