SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MAYONNAISE, HEAVY DUTY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAYONNAISE, HEAVY DUTY Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Eating a nourishing prepackaged Turkey and Provolone sandwich at the hospital “cafe”. The ingredient list includes MAYONNAISE, HEAVY DUTY. Is there light duty and medium duty mayonnaise? What’s the difference? Is heavy duty mayonnaise best for off-road use in harsh conditions? I gots to know.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Similar to red/blue loctite.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Extra egg yoke for a thicker, less-watery emulsion. Sounds like a good idea. Sometimes I mayo the bread and dump on a can of drained tuna. Wanna thick mayo to grab it all together.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Dukes Heavy Duty Mayo!

https://www.samsclub.com/p/duk...aise-1-gallon/150260

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Up Nort' here I never saw Duke's until someone here mentioned to check out Walmart.
Been going there for it until my local grocery changed hands and then I did a double take when I saw it on the shelf.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodman nailed it.

Heavy mayonnaise is a food service industry designation used for extra-emulsified mayo that holds well over time without breaking down and separating.

(It was a procurement/contract issue, not a culinary one...)

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heavy mayonnaise is a food service industry designation
Thirty years in F&B industry, and what'da'I'got for it. Big Grin

F&B = food and beverage

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
MAYONNAISE, HEAVY DUTY? Did Para start a new band?

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Dukes Heavy Duty Mayo!

Now someone tell me why all mayonnaise is "real." It's not as if there's fake mayo.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
Woodman nailed it.

Heavy mayonnaise is a food service industry designation used for extra-emulsified mayo that holds well over time without breaking down and separating.

So is this they stuff they use in sandwich shops like Jersey Mike's etc? Because I LOVE the taste of the mayo I get on sandwiches in places like this. I have tried every brand I can find on the grocery store and none tase as good to me as the stuff that various places put on my subs.

I'll have to look for the heavy duty stuff.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dukes Mayo makes really good tuna salad and egg salad sandwiches. Definitely superior to the Hellman's brand or the Kroger brand mayo that most people here use.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
MAYONNAISE, HEAVY DUTY for INDUSTRY!
SHOES for INDUSTRY!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I made homemade mayonnaise once and loved it ... after reading this, think will make again with additional egg yolks.

:P

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm still in the camp that favors Blue Plate over Dukes and Hellman's (aka Best Foods).

That said I've ordered some Kewpie (Japanese version) to try given past accolades posted around here.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post