SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things a Sardonic Senior might say...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things a Sardonic Senior might say... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
courtesy of my old friend sniper03 on firearmstalk.com

*My tolerance for idiots is extremely low these days. I used to have some immunity built up; but obviously there's a new strain out there.

*It’s not my age that bothers me; it’s the side effects.

*I’m not saying I’m old and worn out, but I make sure I’m nowhere near the curb on trash day.

*As I watch this generation try and rewrite our
history, I'm sure of one thing: it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

*As I’ve gotten older, people think I’ve become lazy. The truth is I’m just being more energy efficient.

*I haven't gotten anything done today. I've been in the Produce Department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.

*If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

*Turns out that being a "senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

*I want to be 18 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas.

*G*d promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round... and laughed and
laughed and laughed.

*I'm on two diets. I wasn't getting enough food on one.

*I put my scale in the bathroom corner and that's where the little liar will stay until it apologizes.

*My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

*Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling.

*Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation, "Maybe next time", isn't the correct response.

*She says I keep pushing her buttons. If that were true, I would have found mute by now.

*So you’ve been eating hot dogs and McChicken all your life, but you won’t take the vaccine because you don’t know what’s in it. Are you kidding me?

*Sometimes the Universe puts you in the same situation again to see if you’re still as stupid as the first time.

*There is no such thing as a grouchy old person. The truth is that once you get old, you stop being polite and start being honest.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT!

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Stolen! Big Grin Thanks!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pure Gold! Stolen. Many thanks for sharing1

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Same here! Copied to my OneNote, I'm going to send then to my wife, one or two at a time!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"My level of sarcasm is directly proportional to your level of stupidity.”

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The older I get, the less meaning a life sentence has. (First heard from V-tail.)

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
OH Yeah, that reminds me.

I'll watch my DVD of the excellent movie "Grumpy Old Men" and greatly enjoy it and laugh and giggle snort and guffaw through it

If you've not seen Grumpy Old Men, watch it!!!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
*There is no such thing as a grouchy old person. The truth is that once you get old, you stop being polite and start being honest.

I've never seen my personality more succinctly described...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
great start for the day/week/month!!!

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Totally excellent. I have use for every single one of them.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
"My level of sarcasm is directly proportional to your level of stupidity.”

One of my favorite T-Shirts.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A guy I used to work with would always say:

"If I killed my wife the first time I thought about it, I'd be out of jail by now."

They have been married for 35+ years and are inseperable.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post