SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Do We Like For Small Home Laser Printers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do We Like For Small Home Laser Printers? Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Brother makes inexpensive, bullet proof printers. I paid under $100 for a great printer that prints on both sides if I want it to. Generic toner cartridges are widely available.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Still using the HP LaserJet 6MP I bought in 1998. Just need a USB to parallel converter cable and MacOS X drivers. Haven't changed the toner in years, and I still have a spare that's more than 6 years old sitting in the closet.

So when I wanted a color laser scanner copier multifunction thing 3 years ago I bought an HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP. Mother....Printer? Still haven't replaced any of the "factory" toner cartridges which come under filled.

I've considered getting a dye based photo printer, but I don't have much need to print photos anymore.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I bit the bullet on the Brother 9130 a couple years ago and it's been terrific. I'm not fighting dry inkjets. Just plop in a new cartridge when I need them and ignore. Great wireless function and I can print directly from my phone, which I'm sure is pretty common now. I've been completely satisfied. I use aftermarket cartridges from Supplies Outlet.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have had a Brother B&W printer for a few years now not a problem. HL-L2380DW it has WiFi and wireless direct connect capabilities. Flat bed scanner, fax. The footprint is not bad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
My HP LaserJet 1020 is old and started jamming up bad each time I try to print so I'm going to trash it and get something new.

Don't trash it, smash it!

Smash it???? Really?? that's your suggestion on a GUN FORUM? Smile

Posts: 262 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Brother HL-L 2340DW. It has been flawless. I don't print tons of pages and am still using the starter cartridge that came with it. I have on hand a new cartridge for whenever the starter needs to be replaced.
I gave away all my inkjet printers and have regretted it.
Wireless, and prints from all my devices including my iPhone, regardless of where I am.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalei:
<snip>
<snip>

Maybe you meant to say:
“I gave away all my inkjet printers and have never regretted it.” ?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
After many years of inkjets, we went with a Brother color laser. MFC-9340CDW. The thing is great. No ink to dry out, wakes up quickly, it's quiet and still multi function.

Posts: 4094 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
I'll parrot the people above...Brother laser printers especially the one with generic toner available for it.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I've a cheap Brother that's been great. Even through long periods of dormancy.

Posts: 2056 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalei:
Mine is the Brother HL-L 2340DW. It has been flawless. I don't print tons of pages and am still using the starter cartridge that came with it. I have on hand a new cartridge for whenever the starter needs to be replaced.
Wireless, and prints from all my devices including my iPhone, regardless of where I am.

Ditto (pun intended). Just the partial toner that comes with it is good for 700 pages. Love it.

Posts: 1654 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post