SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Chongosuerte: need a little info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Chongosuerte: need a little info Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted
Chongo, if you don't mind, pm me. I need to find out what a DUI will do to someone in your neck of the woods. Email is in my profile.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Now that’s light speed Wink

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I might have been on vacation sitting on the beach, enjoying the breeze while surfing Sigforum Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I might have been on vacation sitting on the beach, enjoying the breeze while surfing Sigforum Wink

Or not. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
First time dui conviction is only gonna get a ten day jail time and a fine and probation(not even monitored)...& if there is no history of other stuff then the ten days will get deferred....

That’s what people got in my old district.....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick email reply. This is going to be a real PITA and just glad it's not me. MikeinNC, I just hope that is all that happens and he doesn't lose his license for a year. We'll see soon.

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It depends on the court district..I used to work in the 7th dismissal err judicial district....people didn’t get a year suspension until the second conviction...

The first Dwi conviction is a level 5 and the statute shows that you can get from 24 hours to 2 years 60 days depending on circumstances.....

But I did forget to mention the year suspension...but the driver can apply for a limited license after som hoops have been jumped thru...usually w/I 6months.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/En...er_20/GS_20-179.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Too many loopholes in most laws in most states that concern DUI/DWI and depending on how good the lawyers are. In 1982 arrested a Hit and run/DWI driver and this was his 13th time to be arrested but due to lawyers and the legal system he had spent only a couple hours total in jail. ................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2015 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, I'll forward that link to the party involved. 50-50 chance of him reading it.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, it always looks better if he has already completed the substance abuse assessment, compliance with its recommendations, and simultaneously maintaining 60 days of continuous abstinence from alcohol consumption before his court date.

posted Hide Post
Glad nobody got hurt and hope your friend will be able to move on from it; good of you to support him in this difficult time.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies and info. We can only hope for a good outcome and a lesson learned.