SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tornados in Tennessee
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tornados in Tennessee Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Prayers requested for those affected if you are so inclined...

3/3 Early AM. Nashville, Lebanon, Cookville areas. (~down I40 east)

Significant damage it appears, deaths reported.
Watch remain in effect until about daylight. More storms and flooding expected.

It passed close enough to my Step Daughter and her family's house that they could hear it.

Multiple schools damaged and election committee personal already scrambling.. Multiple structure fires reported in Lebanon by emergency personal. ~150k without power.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cparktd,

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
These photos were taken by a EMS worker that is good friends with my Daughter in Law's Husband. Their houses are within a very few miles of this. No significant damage to their houses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cparktd,

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Praying for those affected. I have a lot of friends and relatives in that corridor.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2108 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
18 miles of I-40 is closed in both directions due to overturned trucks.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they went right down I40. Probably going to be massive when all can be seen in the daylight. Hopefully no more tragic discoveries.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
We are just starting to find out the severity of what went on in the early hours. We are OK, some of our neighbors east of us or not and I heard between five and nine dead. Keep Nashville in your prayers guys

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I was just there for a few days. Sorry to see this happen, but sure glad we left before it made its arrival. Prayers for those who lost everything.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are with them all.

One of my most harrowing memories is doing search and rescue after a tornado years ago.

Three years ago my son called me while I was working 100 miles away as a tornado was hitting. It jumped the house he was in with my daughter. One of the scariest things I’ve experienced.

I do not like tornados.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Prayers up; pretty familiar with tornadoes here in the midwest.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
glad i stopped 50 miles short of Nashville on the way to Florida, was raining like an sob..

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our neighborhood is untouched. There is damage about one to two miles north of us; however the worst stuff is to the east.

Posts: 995 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I didn't have any damage. If anyone here did and needs help I've got a winch and a chainsaw.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3518 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I just got a news update to my phone from the Wall Street journal that says at least 19 dead

I follow a guy in my county that is a self professed “scanner bum”. He apparently was awake when this started happening and apparently got on the emergency channels in Nashville. He posted that it sounds really really bad. Like really bad. As bad as he’s ever heard

I have a friend who just flew back from there this past week. Thoughts to everyone there.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Very sorry about the loss of life and property damage from this tornado. In a related note, I have a friend in E Tennessee (Cleveland), he says it won’t stop raining. Sounds like it has for weeks.

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Very sorry about the loss of life and property damage from this tornado. In a related note, I have a friend in E Tennessee (Cleveland), he says it won’t stop raining. Sounds like it has for weeks.

Just offhand I would say that it's rained at least 5 days out of every week all year so far.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3518 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My youngest son lives near downtown Nashville. Trying to get him on the phone without success so far. Also texted with no response. He rents a mobile home. Tornadoes seem to have a thing for mobile homes.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Severe damage in Germantown, East Nashville around the 5 Points area, Hermitage, and in Mt Juliet. It looks like it followed a line due east across the region. Downtown, the Gulch, midtown, etc is OK.

Steve, do you know where your son lives? Lots of damage to power and cell networks, so some people are out of communication.

Posts: 3665 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just saw on the wire that President Trump will be making a visit to Tennessee.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30425 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Count is at 22 now and increasing. Devastating in so many ways.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that it was an F3 or stronger given the brick buildings taken out. I have a HS classmate near Nashville, but I think they're in Brentwood.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post