SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tornados in Tennessee
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tornados in Tennessee Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I think I saw it was rated as an EF3

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I'm thinking that it was an F3 or stronger given the brick buildings taken out. I have a HS classmate near Nashville, but I think they're in Brentwood.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, I got the terminology wrong but apparently the category. Ages ago down home we had an EF3 hit the next town down the road; images looked awfully similar. Thanks Kevbo.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
No worries man. Super Tuesday and corona are pulling the attention this deserves away. This was a disastrous event. I’m glad to see the President knows to do the right thing

quote:
Oops, I got the terminology wrong but apparently the category. Ages ago down home we had an EF3 hit the next town down the road; images looked awfully similar. Thanks Kevbo.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have a client in Livingston who said they are finding mail from Mt Juliet on some of the farms near them, that's over 85 miles away.....

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I do a lot of work in Nashville and the firm has about 5 projects currently underway in the area. None of them were affected, I don't think, as most are on the south side (Brentwood/Franklin.) The couple in Nashville proper are in West End/The Gulch area and are not really out of the ground yet.

Got the report that the people we know up there are all ok, but it was a scary little bit this morning.

Prayers for everyone affected. A tornado, imo, is about the scariest thing nature can throw at you. 300 MPH winds and very unpredictable.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
No worries man. Super Tuesday and corona are pulling the attention this deserves away. This was a disastrous event. I’m glad to see the President knows to do the right thing

quote:

That he does.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
TV weather meteorologist just said the the wind speed in the tornado went from startup to 140MPH in ten minutes as it headed east. That is not much warning time.

The John C Tune Airport looks like a scrap yard. I grabbed screen shots so bad quality photos... One TV station said their news helicopter is in this mess.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not good. Sorry for all the damage and lives lost. Prayers for the survivors.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister and brother-in-law live in Brentwood. We contemplated heading down for Spring Break, but decided not to, even though their area is clear. Ironically, when we went down 2 years ago during break a massive tornado hit my hometown (Marshalltown, IA) and we watched it happen on a FB livestream. Couldn’t get ahold of my parents for quite some time, but they were ok.

My prayers go out to those affected and to those missing family...

Posts: 724 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

A coworker’s family lives there. No power but all are safe. I had no idea that Nashville was a hot spot so to speak for tornadoes until I was discussing with my coworker today.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers out. Being from the Midwest I have been in a couple and have worked the aftermath as well. Very scary stuff. Hang in there guys and I hope all is well.

Posts: 4130 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post