SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Halloween Candy - What's Popular In Your Neighborhood Tonight?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Candy - What's Popular In Your Neighborhood Tonight? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I just saw one of our local weather guy's, Pete Delkus, say he had kids lined up down the street because he was giving out the king size candy bars the last few years.

If I was a kid, I would have thought that was outstanding. I never even heard of such a thing occurring. Big Grin

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well it's all over. Half a bowl of candy bars left. Mrs DF took all the good ones. Left me with the reject candy. lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29706 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
They really didn't appreciate the scoops of potato salad tonight.

Big Grin

Actually, I broke down for the first time in several years and gave away mini-Snickers. We had about a dozen kids ranging from toddlers to preteens. No roving bands of older teens "dressed up" as older teens demanding free shit. It was a nice experience.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post

Actually my wife bought mini kit kats and reeses pumpkins. It was all over by the time I got home from work. Maybe a dozen or so came by.

Halloween has been pretty dead here since the late 90s.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
A house down the street was serving hot dogs!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
TSM!! and I closed on our house in December of 2009. That October we were under contract just waiting for the closing. We somehow convinced the Realtor to leave the back slider unlocked. We set up picninc tables and chairs in the driveway of a hosue we didn't even own yet and handed out full size candy bars. We joked about being known for being the house that gave out the good candy so our new house wouldn't get egged.Big Grin

This year we were running late so I was grilling a couple of burgers on the side of the driveway while TSM11 handied out candy. I'm thinking about next year cooking hot dogs and burgers for the kids/adults. Maybe even a cooler of adult beverages for the chaperones.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to wonder if doing the adult beverage thing for the adults I know are from the immediate neighborhood. I mean, if you're going to bribe the kids, then doesn't it make sense to bribe their parents, too?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Actually my wife bought mini kit kats and reeses pumpkins. It was all over by the time I got home from work. Maybe a dozen or so came by.

Halloween has been pretty dead here since the late 90s.

I started this a couple of years ago. If the kids are over 14-15 I would ask them if they want bucket A or B. Bucket A is always the good stuff and Bucket B is the condiments. I like to mix it up with condiments, handiwipes, tooth paste samples, hotel soaps and four tune cookies... you get the idea.. Actually goes off pretty well and if they are good sports they get a wack at the candy bowl.

Shawn

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
We bought a 500 pack of Dum Dums.

We gave out 400.

Cost, $5.99.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
We had only 3 groups of 2 or 6 total trick or treaters. All were in costume. We gave generous handfuls of mini Kit Kat, Reese cups, Milk Duds, Whoppers and Hershey bars

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Mine is stall at the store. Big Grin

Sometimes after Christmas, WalMart drops the price to $5. But don't be a hog and take more than five boxes and leave some for others. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
We went to one house last night and the lady asked all of the kids "do you want cash, candy, or both?"

Everybody who asked for cash got at least $1.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post