SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PSA for middle aged bachelors about phones
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA for middle aged bachelors about phones Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Apparently, if someone ever goes to your house, even if you drove, they now know where you live...

Apparently, she saved my address in her phone...

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Well, unless you made them wear a blindfold during the drive there, or they just have zero situational awareness, if they've gone to your house then they already know where you live anyway... Wink

So perhaps a better PSA would be "Don't invite/bring people over to your house if you don't want them knowing where you live". Big Grin

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might blow your mind, but some phones these days have cameras and GPS. And some of them can even send text messages.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, unless you had her tied up in the trunk when you brought her to your house.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Apparently, if someone ever goes to your house, even if you drove, they now know where you live...

You don't say.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Conversely, it gets real damn old telling/texting the same gal your address over and over. My previous lady friend, after approx the 10th time I personally saved it in Google maps for her.

My current lady friend, I only had to tell my address once.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23273 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Did you have a “bad experience “?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11289 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
You know what they say about the crazy ones....

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Yes, unless you had her tied up in the trunk when you brought her to your house.

He did, but forgot to turn her phone off!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Is it not common to be able to navigate to someone's house after youve been there once (even if someone else drove) provided you're familiar with the surrounding area?

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Really ? never heard of such a thing. Big Grin

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
That why they have motels; never take them home, you're asking for problems

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that someone can find out where you live without ever going to your house. It's called the internet and it's been that way for at least 20 years. Before that, they could hire a PI. Lots of ways to find where people live without actually being there first.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You didn't stick your dick in crazy, did you?

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Waiting for the hot/crazy chart to post soon...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5965 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I hope you don’t have a pet rabbit!

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I always went to their house.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I always went to their house.

This. Easier way to gauge the level of crazy, and make a quick and safe exit should you need to.

Posts: 17153 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You didn't stick your dick in crazy, did you?

Looks like it. Been there a time or three. Unless she’s screaming outside his home he got off easy. Might want to park a couple blocks away for a bit, just to be safe.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Conversely, it gets real damn old telling/texting the same gal your address over and over. My previous lady friend, after approx the 10th time I personally saved it in Google maps for her.

My current lady friend, I only had to tell my address once.

Sounds like she had a lot of addresses that she was trying to keep up with...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post