SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally getting out of Illinois
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally getting out of Illinois Login/Join 
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted
Like many, this year has been a shit show for us. Lost my primary job in April but was fortunate enough to keep working, at a 40% pay reduction. However I have been blessed with several offers since then and finally accepted one in Denver. I am here now and just completed my first day at the new job. My wife and daughter are still in Illinois and will be until the house sells but I am extremely happy to be out of that shit hole and at a job I think is going to be great.

Being separated from the family is going to be tough but overall I think we are going to be a lot better off in the long run. I know CO isn’t a huge step up from IL but it is moderately better (I think) and the outdoor life style suits us better.

But, real estate here is ridiculous. Never thought I would consider paying $350k for a 3 bed 2 bath house! Guess if I’m going to I hope it continues so I can build some quick equity.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it going to work out good for you. Wishing you the very best with your endeavor.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You're almost free! Big Grin Next time drift a little farther West and land in Utah. Big Grin Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting out of that mess.

When I seen the thread title I thought you might be coming up to Wisconsin.

But then I quickly remembered that we no longer have a good governor, we have Tony Evers Frown

Posts: 328 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you, but I don't think Denver is a huge step to the better. Confused Really hard to know where is best to settle these days.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah Denver has turned into a shit show as well what with the craptastic leadership of the demowits in recent years. Too much influx of brain dead ex-Kali morons.

I have friends and relatives down there and most all sing a song of remorse. Frown

Hopefully you'll be outside the Denver metro area which isn't as bad.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I guess the improvement will depend on how close to Chicago you were. I’m thinking if $350k sounds crazy for a house you probably weren’t that close. Either way best of luck.

Posts: 4011 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
If you want 30 round mags, you just have to drive up to Wyoming.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
You're almost free! Big Grin Next time drift a little farther West and land in Utah. Big Grin Big Grin

I’m hoping the next one takes me a bit north to Wyoming!

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I'm in SW Denver metro area in a small town called Conifer. If you need anything my email is in my bio.

Colorado is a great place to live and raise a family once you are outside the City and County of Denver. I escaped NJ in 1995.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and kinda jealous.
How long had you been here.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8562 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

There you are, all "Steve McQueen, The Great Escape"! Just please remember those of us still stuck here in the Stalag.

Enjoy it out there!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8550 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you! Hopefully I'm not far behind in leaving this shit show!

Posts: 1828 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Best of luck to you! Hopefully I'm not far behind in leaving this shit show!

Same here. I would have been long gone by now, but the wife still has a lot of family here and doesn't want to leave.

But, Pritzker and Madigan are doing a better job persuading her than I could. She is getting sick and tired of the mask nazis and ever-increasing taxes. If they pass the progressive income tax this year, it may be the final straw and then we'll be on our way too.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hoping the best with the house sale, that part would be huge, especially at a favorable price.

I’ve always been willing to move with the job, while trying to pick a favorable place to live.

Once settled, you can find a place to shoot prairie dogs, not near Boulder though.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I’m hoping the next one takes me a bit north to Wyoming!

Great choice!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I'm hopefully right behind you in under 2 years. I wish you well in your new location.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2515 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Glad you're getting out of Pritzkers sewer but Denver???? It's a liberal mess.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Glad you're getting out of Pritzkers sewer but Denver???? It's a liberal mess.

I agree, Denver is but fortunately I don’t have to go there. Work location is on the very eastern edge and I will live somewhere (well) away from the city.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and enjoy the adventure!

I went from NJ to MT back in 1979. I starved for a few years but it all worked out.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post