SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    He’s going to prison for shooting a cop
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He’s going to prison for shooting a cop Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Unprofessional? I guess... Do I think he earned the right to speak his piece? Yep.

Trying to shoot a cop (anyone actually) and possibly his kid while driving like an asshole in a school zone? He should be thankful he is alive to stand trial

Only thing I would like to see different is that the tube should have been empty...

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Victims have the right to address the court. Just that he was a bit more flamboyant about it. Are the liberals upset? First, who cares? Is wearing a pussy hat any better?

Maybe he was going diving. We routinely used the stuff on dry suit seals.

As far as the stop, if he was driving in that manner is it better to let a kid get hit? Based on the reaction, the driver was a menace.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
So what I'm hearing is that if some guy driving around in a non-police car with a kid while wearing something that says "police" tries to pull you over, that sounds legit?

Posts: 13130 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
So what I'm hearing is that if some guy driving around in a non-police car with a kid while wearing something that says "police" tries to pull you over, that sounds legit?

I'd be reluctant to stop for an unmarked car being driven by somebody who wasn't in a police uniform. Sounds like maybe you would be reluctant, too. None of us wants a confrontation with some road-raging screwball.

What I'd probably do, here in my rural area where the nearest police station is 30 miles away, is use my cell phone to call the sheriff's office and find out if the unmarked car operated by an out-of-uniform person was, in fact, a police car & cop. If so, then I'd pull over. If not, then I'd ask the police to come intervene before I stopped.

If I were in a city, I'd probably drive to the nearest police station and stop in their parking lot.

But, then, I'm not a nutty drugged up kid driving recklessly in a school zone, either. I have no reason to think an undercover cop, let alone anybody else, would want to stop me. Sounds like the offender in this story had plenty of reason to think authorities would want to stop him.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what precipitated his traffic stop while in an unmarked unit but here, it's not allowed unless death or injury is imminent.

His behavior in the court room was unacceptable. I'm sure there was a lot of emotion, but his actions were completely out of line.

That statement is coming from someone who did two days in the can for pissing off a judge.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the officer spoke at Rojas’ sentencing this week, he pulled out a bottle of the personal lubricant K-Y Jelly, the Florida Times-Union reports.

“I brought a little gift for you,” the officer told Rojas, according to Action News Jax. “You will need it where you are going.”

This is beautiful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good job officer!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey boyyyy....you sure do got a pretttty mouth to go along with them ears.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
This guy is going to have fun in prison Big Grin

He may not like Thursday.

May not care for the one they call Wednesday either.

Monday is going to love him tenderly.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
This guy is going to have fun in prison Big Grin

I doubt your definition of "fun" is the same as mine.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I’m pretty sure Mr. Rojas doesn’t understand what the rest of his life means,” Judge James Daniel said Wednesday

The judge appears to have a sense of humor, similar to what the undercover cop has.

-c1steve

Posts: 4057 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
They've got KY in prison?

Yes. Its called apple jelly. Packets available in the chow hall with breakfast. Yes I'm serious. ALL the gay inmates will have stacks and stacks of apple jelly in their locker. At least in Florida its that way.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I agree that the performance by the officer was less than professional, but I will give him a pass since, you know, he was shot in the fucking face, and almost died right in front of his son. So while maybe perhaps not the most professional, perhaps it was a chance for him to recover in his own way.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Hey boyyyy....you sure do got a pretttty mouth to go along with them ears.

In prison they don't call them ears. They are called hang on handles.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post