SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone, not paid by DC to say so, actually agree w. tax and spend/rampant deficits?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone, not paid by DC to say so, actually agree w. tax and spend/rampant deficits? Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
There's just so much of it, which does not make any sense, in the slightest, unless you believe in "steal other people's money, to give it to cronies."

Are there people who think government is an efficient user of capital?

Is it just fueled by straight envy?

None of it seems to make any sense.

I wouldn't agree with "social spending funded by tax credits,", but I could comprehend it.

I certainly understand the concept of civic investment - I disagree w. public schooling, but I would support vouchers - I get the benefit of a well-educated citizenry, the reduced insurance costs w. excellent fire departments, etc.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Public schools are to indoctrinate not teach. And who doesn't want free stuff. Your problem is you have to work for a living. But, here is a conspiracy idea. Suppose the vaccine makes people more susceptible to the next thing coming down the road. You have just killed off all your first responders, military, medical, teachers, and all the productive slobs that work and produce. Good news, you still get to keep the welfare class, illegal immigrants and refugees that hate the country. They are not forced to get the vax. Only an enemy could devise such a brilliant plan. But, China is our friend, so that can't be it.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there people who think government is an efficient user of capital?

Governmental Control of your left is the definition of the Liberal/Leftist/Democrat.

You control your own life (does not mean NO government) is what Conservatives believe.

This is the core battle we fight today.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Lots and lots of people. Enough to elect the democritters.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Probably not in aggregate, but most are ok with it on specifics - government contract for defense items? Sign me up! You'll give me money NOT to grow a crop? Ok...

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Many people believe they will benefit from the spending and not be affected by the taxes. They are wrong.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
While I prefer their choices, the Republicans have also been known to use deficit spending to fund their preferred programs. The Dems are worse, but not the only offenders.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I know people, like my own father, who don't support the deficit spending, but do support traditional infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, dams, etc...). Those people generally support raising taxes on those that make $250k or some other arbitrary number to pay for it.

Spending on capital projects isn't a bad thing. I sure wish the balanced budget amendment passed in the late 80's, or whenever it was proposed. IIRC, it came within 1 vote of passing.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it doesn't matter how much you spend, or what you spend it on

there never has been any intent to pay it back so the dollar amount is meaningless

one of the reasons no one wants a constitutional amendment for a balanced budget

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
@JHE, agreed. My hatred of the Democratic Party is only slightly greater than my hatred of the GOP…

We, jokingly, started the “Hang ‘Em All” party in a cigar lounge

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Infrastructure. The difference is now they claim more social programs and bribes is "human infrastructure". Few will escape what is coming, but most will never accept they had a hand in it.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post