Main Page
The Lounge
Does anyone, not paid by DC to say so, actually agree w. tax and spend/rampant deficits?Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| The Ice Cream Man |
There's just so much of it, which does not make any sense, in the slightest, unless you believe in "steal other people's money, to give it to cronies." Are there people who think government is an efficient user of capital? Is it just fueled by straight envy? None of it seems to make any sense. I wouldn't agree with "social spending funded by tax credits,", but I could comprehend it. I certainly understand the concept of civic investment - I disagree w. public schooling, but I would support vouchers - I get the benefit of a well-educated citizenry, the reduced insurance costs w. excellent fire departments, etc. BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | ||
|
| Member |
Public schools are to indoctrinate not teach. And who doesn't want free stuff. Your problem is you have to work for a living. But, here is a conspiracy idea. Suppose the vaccine makes people more susceptible to the next thing coming down the road. You have just killed off all your first responders, military, medical, teachers, and all the productive slobs that work and produce. Good news, you still get to keep the welfare class, illegal immigrants and refugees that hate the country. They are not forced to get the vax. Only an enemy could devise such a brilliant plan. But, China is our friend, so that can't be it. | |||
|
quarter MOA visionary![]() |
Governmental Control of your left is the definition of the Liberal/Leftist/Democrat. You control your own life (does not mean NO government) is what Conservatives believe. This is the core battle we fight today. | |||
|
| Big Stack |
Lots and lots of people. Enough to elect the democritters. | |||
|
| Flow first, power later. |
Probably not in aggregate, but most are ok with it on specifics - government contract for defense items? Sign me up! You'll give me money NOT to grow a crop? Ok... | |||
|
paradox in a box![]() |
Many people believe they will benefit from the spending and not be affected by the taxes. They are wrong. These go to eleven. | |||
|
| Little ray of sunshine ![]() |
While I prefer their choices, the Republicans have also been known to use deficit spending to fund their preferred programs. The Dems are worse, but not the only offenders. The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything. | |||
|
| Shit don't mean shit |
I know people, like my own father, who don't support the deficit spending, but do support traditional infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, dams, etc...). Those people generally support raising taxes on those that make $250k or some other arbitrary number to pay for it. Spending on capital projects isn't a bad thing. I sure wish the balanced budget amendment passed in the late 80's, or whenever it was proposed. IIRC, it came within 1 vote of passing. | |||
|
| Political Cynic |
it doesn't matter how much you spend, or what you spend it on there never has been any intent to pay it back so the dollar amount is meaningless one of the reasons no one wants a constitutional amendment for a balanced budget | |||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
@JHE, agreed. My hatred of the Democratic Party is only slightly greater than my hatred of the GOP… We, jokingly, started the “Hang ‘Em All” party in a cigar lounge BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| Member |
Infrastructure. The difference is now they claim more social programs and bribes is "human infrastructure". Few will escape what is coming, but most will never accept they had a hand in it. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|
Main Page
The Lounge
Does anyone, not paid by DC to say so, actually agree w. tax and spend/rampant deficits?
