SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    68 yo hero killed saving children
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

68 yo hero killed saving children Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“A 68-year-old man died on Friday after a woman drove her car across a baseball field in the middle of a little league game in Maine.

Douglas Parkhurst had been near a group of children when the car entered the field, and witnesses say he had been pushing them out of harm's way while trying to get the car to stop…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...-baseball-field.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8978 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
That is horrible and that man died a hero's death. God's speed and RIP.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
The drivers friend said don't blame the lady, she is a good person, but is mentally ill. Maybe I am getting a but crusted re the mental ill excuse to explain violence.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP hero!

I’m such a messed up person!! I think that people like their should be shot and let the vultures take care of them. How do you target children, sick b!t(H!!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn shame no one shot the bitch.

Posts: 2195 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May he Rest In Peace.

Here is another. Photo in the link

https://www.capecops.com/newsr...cealed-permit-holder

quote:
Convicted Felon Threatens Citizens With Gun, Ends Up Shot By Concealed Permit Holder

June 1, 2018) - A convicted felon threatened citizens with a gun at a place of business, and ended up being shot in self-defense by one of those citizens who had a concealed carry permit.

On June 1, 2018 at approximately 3:45 p.m. Cape Coral police officers responded to Campbell Roofing located at 911 SE 15th Avenue. Upon arrival they discovered Kevin Bruzos (DOB: 5-6-89) suffering from gunshot wounds. Bruzos received medical attention and was transported to a local hospital.

The investigation showed that Bruzos, a convicted felon, had threatened a person with a firearm. Bruzos left, then returned and threatened the same person with the firearm again as well as a second person who was legally licensed to carry a concealed firearm. The concealed carry permitted person ordered Bruzos to drop his gun. Bruzos did not drop it and instead aimed it at the permitted person, who in turn defended himself and shot Bruzos.

Kevin Bruzos is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon. The concealed carry permit holder who was threatened by Bruzos and shot him in self-defense is not facing any charges.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
The drivers friend said don't blame the lady, she is a good person, but is mentally ill. Maybe I am getting a but crusted re the mental ill excuse to explain violence.

Choose your vocabulary. Anyone who does something absolutely abominable can be said to be "mentally ill." The utter depravity of the act is taken as evidence of mental instability.

I call it evil.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Karma can be a Harsh mistress sometimes. Not my say as to if it was or not in this case. And he did die trying to help the kids.

Before you jump, read all the article please.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
Karma can be a Harsh mistress sometimes. Not my say as to if it was or not in this case. And he did die trying to help the kids.

Before you jump, read all the article please.

It's called absolution. He finally payed his debt to the universe.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39764 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Another twist:

“The hero who died saving children's lives when a woman drove onto a baseball field in the middle of a little league game in Maine, had himself killed a four-year-old girl in a hit-and-run in 1968…”

https://www.google.com/amp/www...-baseball-field.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8978 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
paid his penance in the way he knew how.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I wonder what passes through a person's mind when the first thing they do when they hear the story of, in this case, a man who saves lives, is to check to see if he has a "negative past".

Yea, I know, gotta sell ad space.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post