SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beautiful Fall day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beautiful Fall day Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
An absolutely gorgeous day the way all Fall days should be. Temps in the low 60s. Gentle breeze in the 3 to 5 mph range. Sunny with hardly a hint of clouds. Quiet disturbed only by the gentle rustling of leaves and the cries from the raptors overhead swooping around looking for their next meal.

Sat out in front on my elevated porch bench getting my dose of good Vitamin D. Sipping on some iced sun tea while holding my cane between my legs. Ah the serenity. Really enjoyed it.

Sadly such days are all too infrequent here and fleeting as tomorrow the temps are forecast to drop with some snow again.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Fall. Nice temps, less daylight, and beautiful colors. Unfortunately a less fun season follows.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
A gorgeous day here as well. Took a drive this morning along the Coeur d' Alene river. I love the fall, it just doesn't last long here in the NW.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yep. Nice partly-cloudy day here. Walked into the empty Rodin Museum courtyard, had a near-solitary lunch at the outdoor tables. Me and Dave Robicheaux and Clete Purcel via Will Patton-read audio book.

Audio book free thru the Libby app. https://meet.libbyapp.com

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Jimbo, you should be trout fishing in that stretch of water!

Posts: 1980 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
An absolutely gorgeous day the way all Fall days should be. Temps in the low 60s. Gentle breeze in the 3 to 5 mph range. Sunny with hardly a hint of clouds. Quiet disturbed only by the gentle rustling of leaves and the cries from the raptors overhead swooping around looking for their next meal.

Sat out in front on my elevated porch bench getting my dose of good Vitamin D. Sipping on some iced sun tea while holding my cane between my legs. Ah the serenity. Really enjoyed it.

Sadly such days are all too infrequent here and fleeting as tomorrow the temps are forecast to drop with some snow again.

Agree with you on today, though we have a little more rustling in the pines!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12938 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
A gorgeous day here as well. Took a drive this morning along the Coeur d' Alene river. I love the fall, it just doesn't last long here in the NW.

Jim

Jimbo54 is that down Cataldo way?

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:

Agree with you on today, though we have a little more rustling in the pines!

Jim,
It's funny how much different things can be just a few miles apart or at different elevations around here. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
picture

Jeff, that's a great shot off your porch today!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbsid:
quote:

Jim

Jimbo54 is that down Cataldo way?

Yeah, about 6 miles or so from the Kingston exit off of I90. It's a beautiful drive all the way to Thompson Falls Montana. Makes a great drive in the spring and fall.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I love Fall. Nice temps, less daylight, and beautiful colors. Unfortunately a less fun season follows.

So true. I am in total agreement with everything you said.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Whoa, what happened to Grumpybikers drone video. I watched it and it was awesome and now it's gone.

Jim

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

We are also (finally) enjoying a normal October. Serenity like yours, and I spend a good bit of it on the front porch. Our climate is a bit different, temps running in the high 70s-->low 80s, which is my preferred temp range. Humidity and dew point temp both in the 20s. The main difference with me is I don't keep my cane on me when I'm sitting, usually park it somewhere nearby. I have discovered just about every way possible to lean or hang a cane so it will fall over, though. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10793 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whoa, what happened to Grumpybikers drone video. I watched it and it was awesome and now it's gone.

Jim

Sorry , I was trying to post it so it could be viewed in the thread.
But I don’t get the “embed” option on my iPhone.

Here’s the link to my YouTube video

https://youtu.be/4A_CrKsrvPI

This is the State Park next to my home.
One of the hiking trails is 300yrds from my house.
Really put on a color display this year & I’m very glad to have the ability now to get some nice videos.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here ya go Grumpy! Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4A_CrKsrvPI

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Getting the hang of it quick I see. Smile

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shot off the porch, Jeff. But I would expect a lot more color in the NC mts by this time in October. Is it late? It's late here in St.L.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
JEFF!!!!
Im going back to the mountains (Franklin) in NC over thanksgiving, I know the leaves will be gone but I love the mountains. You are killing me...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Nice shot off the porch, Jeff. But I would expect a lot more color in the NC mts by this time in October. Is it late? It's late here in St.L.

Multiple record high temperatures in the NC mountain areas through late September. Starting to turn pretty quickly after some frosty mornings and cooler weather as of late at least near Boone at 3300 feet or so.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I've always envied the view off your deck. It's a beautiful place up there. We actually rode up your road a couple weeks ago, just out enjoying the sunny weather.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post