SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One Million+ Guns Sold Every Month for 38 Consecutive Months
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Million+ Guns Sold Every Month for 38 Consecutive Months Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-consecutive-months/

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) points to FBI background check figures to show that over one million guns have been sold in America every month for the past 38 months.

FBI figures show there were 2,470,462 National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) checks performed in the month of September. Mark Olivia, the NSSF’s managing director of public affairs, indicates that 1.2 million of the NICS checks were specifically for gun sales.

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If 1.2 million of the checks were specifically for guns what were the remaining 1.27 million checks for? I thought NICS checks were only for gun sales. What am I missing?

Posts: 251 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Perhaps suppressors and SBRs accounted for the rest of the checks.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
Perhaps suppressors and SBRs accounted for the rest of the checks.
Do they actually do a standard NICS check for those (I don't own any so I'm curious)? I guess I always assumed the check for those items occurred with the Tax Stamp processing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGregor:
If 1.2 million of the checks were specifically for guns what were the remaining 1.27 million checks for? I thought NICS checks were only for gun sales. What am I missing?

States that allow their CCDW to be used in place of Brady checks. I think KY runs all permit holders monthly.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Are these new guns in market? Or includes used guns sold between individuals?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
No matter how you slice it, that's a whole lotta' Awesome! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I've been doing my part!

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I haven't gone through a NICS check since my last CCW renewal and I've probably bought 20 guns from FFLs since then and a few private party. NICS numbers mean nothing.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I haven't gone through a NICS check since my last CCW renewal and I've probably bought 20 guns from FFLs since then and a few private party. NICS numbers mean nothing.

About the same situation as me. The real number is probably substantially higher than a million a year.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
About the same situation as me. The real number is probably substantially higher than a million a year.

That's a million a month, not a year!

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It's a good start. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
States that allow private sales would of course not include a nics check. Some of the “non gun” sales checks could be ccw applications also.

Posts: 3299 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post