SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Twitter--Who do you follow?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twitter--Who do you follow? Login/Join 
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
No one. Don't have or want an account.

Posts: 4022 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I'll answer the OP's question. Never ceases to amaze me how many people take the time to open a thread, just to show how awesome they are by posting inanities: 'What's Twitter?', 'I don't want an account', 'Never had or wanted an account'.

Well, aren't you just special.

I follow, among others:

General Flynn @GenFlynn

Sidney Powell @SindheyPowell11

SpaceX @SpaceX

Anna Timmer @VeritasSola

Trump War Room @TrumpWarRoom

Glenn Haughton @SEAC_Defence

and of course DJT, Sarah McEnamy, Dennis Miller, Monica Crowley, Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Pat Condell etc etc

I also follow them on Parler.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I'll answer the OP's question. Never ceases to amaze me how many people take the time to open a thread, just to show how awesome they are by posting inanities: 'What's Twitter?', 'I don't want an account', 'Never had or wanted an account'.

My thoughts exactly Pyker. Why would you come in someone else's thread and crap in it?

I follow my favorite musician (Black Label Society,) a host of funny video accounts & several of my favorite shows: Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul & Prison Break.

I also read the news daily on there.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who replied! I was told about Parler this morning and plan to check it out as well.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miley Hemsworth!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Twitter account and don't really "follow" anyone, but I occasionally will check out Trump's tweets, along with James Woods, a lot of them linked by a thread or an article.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of my favorites...For those saying you aren't going to find news or relevant information on Twitter, they are dead wrong. If you follow the right people you will be much better informed than anyone relying on regular network news.

@iowahawkblog
@redsteeze
@SharylAttkisson
@seanmdav
@hale_razor
@TomFitton
@donaldJTrumpJr
@benshapiro
@breaking911

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
interesting, I thought the OP asked who do you follow on twitter, not "twitter yes/no" geez.

I like:
greta @greta
Allen West @allenwest
Auschwitz Memorial @AuschwitzMuseum
Gary Sinise Foundation @GarySiniseFound
Colion Noir @MrColionNoir
Candace Owens @RealCandaceO
My personal favorite
Johnny (Joey) Jones @Johnny_Joey
Dana Loesch @DLoesch
Melania Trump @FLOTUS
President Trump @POTUS
VP Mike @VP

then a bunch for hobbies I have.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twitter -

President Trump
Eric Trump
Don Trump Jr
Adam Carolla
The White House
Mike Pence

Parler -

Rand Paul
Team Trump
Eric Trump
Daniel Defense

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
Thanks to everyone who replied! I was told about Parler this morning and plan to check it out as well.

I setup parler, and followed a bunch that I also follow on Twitter. I found they do not post in parler much, and are a lot more active on Twitter.

My biggest takeaway, I rarely read responses. these idiots just cant help themselves, have to dump their drivel on every post for the 'ratio'
If I like a post, I 'like' it. If i want to add a comment I do and I typically leave it at that.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I follow, among others:

General Flynn @GenFlynn

Sidney Powell @SindheyPowell11

SpaceX @SpaceX

Anna Timmer @VeritasSola

Trump War Room @TrumpWarRoom

Glenn Haughton @SEAC_Defence

and of course DJT, Sarah McEnamy, Dennis Miller, Monica Crowley, Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Pat Condell etc etc

I also follow them on Parler.

Yes, I feel "special". At 71 and only have an old flip phone, with other more (IMHO) important things to do beside swipe left / swipe right or what ever you folks do with cool phones, I DO feel special.

Guess THE LOUNGE wasn't the right place to go, huh? Probably sigforum wasn't the right place to try to be awesome, but I did -- handle it.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Tinyman, I don't have a Twitter account, and look up folks there via desktop pc, its just as easy as surfing here to SF. There is a ton of good info there with linked articles and such.

The hype that its just hot takes & emotional stuff is dumb. There is a lot of dross but its pretty much a concentrated form of the garbo that is the internet, filtering it out is the key.

Hell, I've been issued a smart phone from the job for years and have never been on the internet with it once (a million emails - yes)

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1944 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Neal Boortz
Allen West
James Woods
Sheryl Atkinson
Donald Trump
At least one relative that is a scum sucking liberal....

Posts: 1226 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
- James Woods
- Jon Voight
- Brit Hume
- Andrew Klavan
- Thomas Sowell
- Donald Trump Jr
- Tucker Carlson
- Wirepoints (IL politics)
- Illinois Review

Twitter got very dull when James Woods was banned last year. He has complaints filed against everyday. If he gets banned again, I’d drop Twitter for good.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I opened a twitter account a couple of years ago, but I've never twittered anything.

I signed up because our local weatherman was retired but was always posting something very interesting on twitter.

I guess I'd better learn how to follow some of the above suggested ones.

Thanks for the thread.

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
The hodge twins.
Elon musk
Eric and Brett Weinstein.
Dave Rubin
Tim pool
Brandon Tatum
Ann coulter
Steven crowder
Joe Rogan
Rand Paul
Kevin Sorbo
Buck sexton
Dennis Miller
Jordan Peterson
Tucker

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't and I won't.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
quote:

Yes, I feel "special". At 71 and only have an old flip phone, with other more (IMHO) important things to do beside swipe left / swipe right or what ever you folks do with cool phones, I DO feel special.

Guess THE LOUNGE wasn't the right place to go, huh? Probably sigforum wasn't the right place to try to be awesome, but I did -- handle it.

The point which so many seem to be missing is that the question posed by the OP was not how you feel about Twitter. So if you dont like it fine, but post elsewhere, or start your own "I hate Twitter Thread"

Don't go into someones thread and crap on it. Why is this so hard?