SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comey OKs new TV series to boost FBI’s image
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comey OKs new TV series to boost FBI’s image Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/c...to-boost-fbis-image/

FBI Director James Comey said he let cameras into the New York FBI offices to film a new television series in hopes that he might build trust with the American people.

“I worry sometimes that people don’t know us,” Comey said in explaining why he green-lighted “Inside the FBI: New York,” a new television documentary by Dick Wolf of “Law & Order” fame and documentarian Marc Levin.

“We have to care what people think of us,” Comey said at a showing of the new series at the Newseum in Washington, DC. “The faith and confidence of the American people is the bedrock,” he said.

“We did a lot last year that confused people,” Comey admitted, speaking of the presidential election.

But he insisted that the fault was not the FBI’s — it was the American people’s.

“Because they are seeing the world … they see the world through sides,” he said. “If you see the world through sides, the FBI doesn’t make a lot of sense to you.”

“We are not on anybody’s side. We really don’t care,” he said.

The film crew spent a year with the New York FBI’s offices, from September 2015 to September 2016, and filmed major events including the bombing in Chelsea, NY, and the FBI’s response to the Paris terrorist attacks in November 2015.

The FBI’s independence has came under scrutiny due to Comey’s decision last year to make public plans to reopen an investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails weeks before the presidential election.

More recently, Comey confirmed that the agency has been investigating contacts between members of President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.

The series will premier April 27 on USA Network.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
They did that before. It wad called "This is Your FBI."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
So, propaganda.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was "The F.B.I" series in the 60's and 70's with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. playing Inspector Lewis Erskine.

They were episodes based on real FBI files.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We did a lot last year that confused people,” Comey admitted, speaking of the presidential election.

But he insisted that the fault was not the FBI’s — it was the American people’s.

I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.
Like every high school freshman, so misunderstood. If people would only try to understand, or maybe-see what I have to deal with? The country is full of rubes.

Comey is a partisan and a liar and spewing more lies doesn't make it all better.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I know everything I need to know about Comey's FBI. Why, just last year I learned it is the law enforcement arm of the Democratic Party.

He is pathetic and needs to GO. I have zero, and I mean ZERO, faith in his FBI to fairly enforce the laws of The United States. He is a political hack who has turned the once great name of the FBI into absolute dirt. I wouldn't trust an FBI agent to tell me the sky is blue.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Hey Comey, you want to boost the FBI's image? Try telling the truth once in a while.

At this point, I take the stance that EVERYTHING reported or released by the FBI is a LIE, and EVERY decision they make is political. I trust ISIS more than the FBI.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
“We are not on anybody’s side. We really don’t care,” he said.

That's "Internet Meme" gold, right there.

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
So, propaganda.

But it's official propaganda, so...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It's gonna take a lot to overcome that "Quantico" crapfest.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope Comey isn't starring. They need to find someone the people can trust.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
It's gonna take a lot to overcome that "Quantico" crapfest.

I trained there and then had a tour of duty there. I actually really like the place and took my kids there once to the Marine Corps Museum.

I cringe whenever that TV debacle airs its ad and connects itself to "Quantico".

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post