SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking For Exercise Suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For Exercise Suggestions Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I would use the suggestion to get occupational therapy to get yourself in to walking shape and then do more simple walking with mileage targets.
You can carry a walking stick or two that can double as defensive weapons.
I've been using a Fitbit for about 5 years and recently graduated to an Apple Watch and found that I can use it to measure my fitness better and use it for motivation to reach goals each day.
Having a couple of dogs that need a lot of exercise helps too.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

do more simple walking with mileage targets. You can carry a walking stick
Walking is not easy around my home neighborhood. Very few sidewalks, and most of them are very uneven, tripping hazard for me. I don't trust walking on the street, too many distracted drivers that treat the 25 mph speed limit as a suggested minimum.

Walking at work is a much better deal, the taxiways between the hangars are smooth, very little traffic and people do pay attention, and if I should happen to fall there are many people around who know me and would immediately come to my aid. Problem is, I only go there one or two days a week.

Re walking stick, I do not venture outside without a stout cane, both for balance, and for carry in those "no firearms" places.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post