SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Randy Weaver has passed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Randy Weaver has passed Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
I figured this would already have been posted. It may have been and been nuked. Controversial figure and all.

Anyway, He passed yesterday. His story is what alerted me to the problem of government in our country. Probably naive but I was surprised at the overwhelming force, cover up and cleansing of the events. It turned me into a citizen suspicious of his government. From what I've witnessed since, government and many of its agencies are not worthy of trust anymore.

I believe he is reunited with his wife finally. May his family be at peace.

Link to story

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29594 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Randy Weaver nor his wife or baby ever posed a threat to me.

May he and his, RIP

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43799 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Met him at Richmond gun show. A broken man.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Weaver.

Posts: 5690 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And Lon Horiuchi still walks free.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
The REAL tragedy.

Special place in hell for that guy.

RIP Mr. Weaver, I'm sure you're in a better place now, reunited with tragically lost loved ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
The REAL tragedy.

Special place in hell for that guy.

RIP Mr. Weaver, I'm sure you're in a better place now, reunited with tragically lost loved ones.

Even worse, Troy hired him about 10 years ago. Disgusting.

Q

Posts: 26188 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Even worse, Troy hired him about 10 years ago. Disgusting.[/QUOTE]

That is definately disgusting.
I wouldn’t let Horiuchi p/u dog crap in my yard.
Unless I had a pungi pit waiting for him!
RIP Mr. Randy Weaver

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Met him at Richmond gun show. A broken man.

That's truly sad. Rest In Peace.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19574 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. All of this over some ridiculous regulations which never should have existed in the first place. Disgusting behavior by authoritarians against people who weren't harming anybody.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, such a tragedy. All because he sold a shotgun with an illegal length barrel. Good grief.

Then there was Waco.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
sigmonkey
A Grateful American

posted May 13, 2022 04:38 PM Hide Post
Randy Weaver nor his wife or baby ever posed a threat to me.

Nor his dog, who was also shot and killed by the FBI as it tried to run home when the shooting started.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Nor his dog, who was also shot and killed by the FBI as it tried to run home when the shooting started.

No, the dog was shot during the initial shootout with the US Marshals.

The FBI wasn't called in until after that initial shootout in which the dog, Sammy Weaver, and US Marshal Degan were shot and killed.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Yup, such a tragedy. All because he sold a shotgun with an illegal length barrel. Good grief.

Then there was Waco.

All under Janet Renos watch while she was Clintons AG and don't forget the Elian Gonzalez fiasco where she raided a home to send him back to Cuba.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
ah yes, Shakes Reno - didn't she use a psychic to fabricate a complaint against a daycare facility and sent innocent people to prison?

Posts: 53073 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Then there was Waco.

All under Janet Renos watch while she was Clintons AG and don't forget the Elian Gonzalez fiasco where she raided a home to send him back to Cuba.

Jim

Ruby Ridge was under President George H.W. Bush’s watch.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
All under Janet Renos watch while she was Clintons AG

Ruby Ridge was under President George H.W. Bush’s watch.

Yep, and Bush's Attorney General during Ruby Ridge was William Barr, who then later went on to be appointed by Donald Trump for a second term as Attorney General in 2019...

Ruby Ridge took place in August 1992. Janet Reno became Attorney General ~7 months afterwards in March 1993, after Bill Clinton took office in January.

Even the Waco siege started a couple weeks before Reno became AG, although it ended on her watch.

Threads like this are interesting. I've noticed similar things several times before. Someone brings up the Ruby Ridge siege and folks begin clamoring "Yeah, Fuck the ATF and Fuck Janet Reno!"... It seems folks don't tend to recall that Ruby Ridge was a USMS/FBI operation under William Barr. Most likely, they're conflating it in their minds with the subsequent Waco siege less than a year later, which was an ATF operation with which Reno was eventually involved.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
(Or more likely, they conflate it in their minds with the subsequent Waco siege less than a year later, which was an ATF operation that Reno was eventually involved with.)

Well, the "leadership" may have changed, but the same folks were at Waco, including Horiuchi...who also fired his weapon there. No one will ever know how many innocent people he killed there.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
/sigh

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One irony is that both Ruby Ridge and Waco started with confrontation with dog(s) that were not a threat to anyone...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post