SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am going to buy (I think) a ceramic grill, what accessories do I need?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am going to buy (I think) a ceramic grill, what accessories do I need? Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Pretty much what everyone has recommended so far. A couple options:
-For lighting I like the electric long handled element that you put into the lump to start it. I set my timer 6 min. and it's started while I continue prep.
-I love my Thermapen Mk4 but a cheaper alternative is it's little brother, the Thermopop. I don't notice much difference in speed between the two.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Wanna know how you make great brisket...?

Make alot of bad brisket!

That’s a fact. I learned when my brisket sucked, I chopped it up to make some damn good chili, so all is not lost.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Once again...
You guys cost me money.
I found this used Vision on Craigslist...
For $250... I had to have it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Once again...
You guys cost me money.
I found this used Vision on Craigslist...
For $250... I had to have it.
It's just as dangerous to start a thread looking for a recommendation as it is to read one. After 15 years, I have a house, garage, and patio full of stuff as proof.

Congrats on the great deal. It looks barely used.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post