SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roomba or other similar vacuum?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roomba or other similar vacuum? Login/Join 
Picture of holdem
posted
My wife and I had a Eufy, similar to a Roomba. It served us well for multiple years, but over the weekend a kitty had an accident and before we discovered it, the Dufy discovered it. So it was promptly tossed in the trash.

While it seemed to worked decently, I wonder if there is a better one out there. What do you have? Would you buy it again?

The floor is 100% tile. Travertine in the master bath. Wood look porcelain in the entire rest of the house.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We have a Roborock S7
Combo vac & mop, and self empties into a bag in the charger base.

Does a better job than our prior Neato Botvacs, and adds in the mopping. You just have to top up the water tank & went the mop pad on ours.
The higher models have a water tank onboard the charging base & can refill the water there.

Good mapping, and obstacle avoidance. You can set no-go zones in the app once it maps out the room(s), can also tell it to clean a specific room(s) instead of whole house clean.

Higher models have an actual camera & will send you an alert with a photo of an obstacle.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
We got the Roomba S9 a few years ago. Outside replacing some bristles a few times and the rollers once. It's been awesome. But was a little pricy.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8857 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been considering one. I have a 3 story townhome so do I buy 3 or can 1 be programmed for use on all three floors?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4281 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I have been considering one. I have a 3 story townhome so do I buy 3 or can 1 be programmed for use on all three floors?

I think the Roborock can do multiple maps, but I don't know how to tell it where it is when it starts.

Ours has gotten lost a couple times, but 99% of the time does a great job. Nice not having to close doors to keep it out of certain rooms.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
We’ve been happy with our Roborock S7 until recently. For some reason it quit sweeping the entry rug in the kitchen. We’ve tried erasing the map and remapping the floor, we’ve tried setting it on the rug and starting it, and we’ve tried asking it to only sweep the rug. It just skips it and goes Back to the charger. I want to say it started at the last firmware update but i can’t be completely sure. It sweeps and mops the rest of the house just fine.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use a Shark Matrix which has been working well except for getting stuck under low furniture a couple of times. The docking port vacuums out the Shark each time it connects, so it can cover multiple rooms/days before needing to be emptied. Manufacturer says up to 30 days dust storage. It’s more like a week to 10 days in our house (dog hair accumulation).

Its software only allows a single map, so to use on a different floor it would have to generate a new map for that floor from scratch. Also has to remap a floor if you move its docking port to a different location.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We had the Eufy too. When it died, I got a Roomba. Despite the glowing reviews, I thought it was a POS and returned it.

I got a deal on a Roborock S4 and, despite so so reviews, gave it a try. It has been great.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
The Roborock will map multiple floors. But you have to carry it up the stairs. Ours does the main floor on weekdays and my wife carries it upstairs on Sunday.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I did Neato first, then 2 Roombas. I like them, my newest one is a 692. Simple but was also cheap and does a great job. Big leap with the Li batteries.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post