SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need to switch email providers again.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need to switch email providers again. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I'm on a shared host and someone dinged it's IP address onto a blacklist. So, to keep business emails (which include invoices) rolling, I switched my domain name to the Google Gmail servers and it's been smooth and reliable. However, the recent news events makes me want to find a non-agenda driven service.

I need to attach my domain name to it as I don't want an @somethingelse.com and it needs too be reliable.

What you got? Thanks for helping again.

Posts: 45376 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would recommend Office 365 with Microsoft - you can have your domain used for their hosted email after setup

Did it for our company a couple years ago and its been stellar - along with the rest of the office 365 suite

ETA I also think Proton email will allow vanity domains if you want to not use a corporate company like MS

You can use your own domain

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Proton Mail's paid plan ($48/yr.) allows configuring your MX records to send your mail there (one domain, up to five user addresses). Supports SPF and DKIM as well. They provide a proxy that runs on your machine to let your favored mailer interact with their encrypted servers so it doesn't have to be just webmail. The paid plan also gets you a VPN subscription, but I haven't used this so can't speak to its usefulness.

Posts: 6480 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My email server is with O365, going on 2 years.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Ah, thanks. I think I'm going to give proton mail a try.

Posts: 45376 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Go to ionos.com.

You can buy a domain name there. .icu is $1 first year and $10 a year to renew. Email is $2 a month.

I bought one as a lark. I still haven't used it too much. But I have Rey@MyDomainName.icu.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19669 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post