SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slop sink in the garage, what uses do you have for it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slop sink in the garage, what uses do you have for it? Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
My new house in Florida has a sink in the garage. The houses come with one in the garage or in the laundry. Here in Massachusetts I've never had either. I can't even think of a time where I was in the garage or laundry wishing I had a sink. Maybe washing off the bottom of shoes or something? What do you guys use them for? I'm sure there's a million things I'll find once I have one I guess. And darn it I've resized this 6 times on Imgur and it's still original. Have to find a new hosting site. ETA: Thanks HRK for helping fix my picture size issue.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Washing greasy hands after working on a car?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14040 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Wow I'm a dumbass. I can't count how many times I've tried opening the door with a small clean back of my hand to get to the bathroom. No idea why I didn't think of that.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use mine all the time. After yard work, greasy hands, cleaning paint brushes. Just about anything I don’t want to bring inside the house it’s so dirty

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Wow I'm a dumbass. I can't count how many times I've tried opening the door with a small clean back of my hand to get to the bathroom. No idea why I didn't think of that.

Lol - i get yelled at when caught and washing in the kitchen sink.

Small dog wash too.

Rinsing brass for reloading.

Think: if SWMBO can get mad fir it being washed in the kitchen sink, the garage sink is better.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14040 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Rinsing out your paint brushes, bathing the dog, filling up your sprayers with water, rinsing same after use. ...

Shit I use one all the time!

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
But everything is so white and new in there. I don't want to get it all greasy. LOL

I'll have a golf cart to work on as well as the car.

These go to eleven.

Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
But everything is so white and new in there. I don't want to get it all greasy. LOL

Just go ahead and dump a gallon of paint on the floor and get it over with! LMAO

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You’ll grow into it. It’s remarkable how convenient a sink in the garage/shop is. Once I had one I don’t know how I managed without one.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29727 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I'd love to have that.

Uses are infinite.

Biggest use for me would be washing hands after working on a vehicle or doing outdoor/ landscaping work. Cleaning up after painting. Dumping dirty/ waste water after cleaning something. Washing a dog. Cleaning up oversized/ greasy stuff that's too big for or would make a mess out of the kitchen sink. Maybe even washing the bottom of your shoes lol.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Urinal if the wife's not home.Big Grin

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Clean anything I prefer not to put in the kitchen sink. Lots of uses.

Lived in places with them and without them. I prefer to have them. Often they are next to a washer and the washer drains into them in older homes.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16410 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Urinal if the wife's not home.Big Grin

Or she is home and you don’t dare go inside

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
And darn it I've resized this 6 times on Imgur and it's still original. Have to find a new hosting site.

When you are posting from IMGUR don't resize, click the image, on the pop up, down at the bottom are the sizes of the image, for SF I use Medium or Large, click one of those, then click copy on the direct URL line and bobs yer uncle.

As for use, as said, cleaning up after working on vehicles, filling up dog water bowl, washing hands after working in the yard, tap a line from the cold side to run to a garage fridge ice maker.

Don't use it to pee unless the wife unit is asleep.... see CAS was on that one!

Floor looks good before you get anything on it, oils, grease, mud, urine, get someone to come in and professionally seal or coat the floor, down here tires get super hot and if you don't do it right they heat soak the DIY stuff and pull it right up.

Best time to do that is before you make a mess...

Also call the garage door screen guy, in the winter when you are here the garage door goes up, screen comes down, open windows in the house, you'll love it... Plus working in the garage your stuff is hidden from Gladys Kravits...

Posts: 23581 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Oh the ice maker!!! Love it! And damn, I didn't know about those size options. Thanks HRK! I used Huge Thumbnail. All the sizes said thumbnail or small or big square. I'll try different sizes.

These go to eleven.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh the ice maker!!! Love it! And damn, I didn't know about those size options. Thanks HRK! I used Huge Thumbnail. All the sizes said thumbnail or small or big square. I'll try different sizes.

Well, it was/is Huuuuuuuuge!

These are the garage door screen people we used, good people, on time, it's worth the investment, about $1500 or so.

https://www.lifestylescreens.com/

Posts: 23581 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My grandparents had one in the cellar of their house in Pennsylvania. I think it was where the washing machine drained, but they used it for all sorts of things you wouldn't wash in a sink in the main part of the house. Paint brushes, greasy things, muddy stuff . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Well, it was/is Huuuuuuuuge!

These are the garage door screen people we used, good people, on time, it's worth the investment, about $1500 or so.

https://www.lifestylescreens.com/

Oh wow, that's a nice garage screen! I'll put that on the list but it may have to wait until I'm full time down there.

These go to eleven.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The biggest one I can think of is washing paint brushes and gear, you've never had to do that???

Also: cleaning muddy shoes and boots, dumping anything like a mop bucket of dirty water that I wouldn't want to dump down my nice new kitchens sink, etc

Posts: 33881 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The biggest one I can think of is washing paint brushes and gear, you've never had to do that???

Also: cleaning muddy shoes and boots, dumping anything like a mop bucket of dirty water that I wouldn't want to dump down my nice new kitchens sink, etc

I do my own painting. Always cleaned up in kitchen sinks. But yeah, makes sense.

I guess having never had one I just didn't think of all the good uses for one.

These go to eleven.