SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slop sink in the garage, what uses do you have for it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slop sink in the garage, what uses do you have for it? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have one in the laundry room. Everything from painting supplies to fresh game(rabbits and squirrels and such).

Posts: 655 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I can't stand garages that don't have them. You will use it far more than you think. Have a nice, big jug of GoJo or Fast Orange next to it. I've made a hell of a mess out of mine, but that's what it is for!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My Dad and I added one to my third garage right after we built our house. My plumber had put in lines for me to add it.

It's the most used sink in the house! We use it constantly! Matter of fact, I'd rather use that sink than any other one.

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
In my experience I have to drop the drain pipe under the sink in order to replace the rubber piece that goes to the drain/garbage disposal. Is there an easier way to replace it that you know of?
(Sorry to hijack the thread)

quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The biggest one I can think of is washing paint brushes and gear, you've never had to do that???

Also: cleaning muddy shoes and boots, dumping anything like a mop bucket of dirty water that I wouldn't want to dump down my nice new kitchens sink, etc

I do my own painting. Always cleaned up in kitchen sinks. But yeah, makes sense.

I guess having never had one I just didn't think of all the good uses for one.

My friend/idiot painter used my brand new kitchen sink to clean his brushes today. Sink was easy enough to clean up the paint, but the black rubber thingy for the garbage disposal was a major pain in the ass to get the paint off of. I wanted to strangle him when I got home at 9:30 after a 12hr day and had to clean up after him. He knows I own both a slop sink and a garden hose but still chose my kitchen sink, fuck. Make your wife happy, fully utilize the slop sink and don't use the kitchen sink for anything other than dishes.
You know that black rubbery thing takes about 10 seconds to replace . Easier than trying to clean it . My wife replaced ours because she said it was grungy .

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BennerP220:
In my experience I have to drop the drain pipe under the sink in order to replace the rubber piece that goes to the drain/garbage disposal. Is there an easier way to replace it that you know of?
(Sorry to hijack the thread)[QUOTE]

I think he is speaking of the one inside the sink, above the disposal blades. It just pulls out of the drain opening from the top side of the sink.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks.
Our chewed on the one inside our sink but I haven’t replaced it because I know it’s gonna be a pain. I was hoping he referring to an easier and faster way.

quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BennerP220:
(Sorry to hijack the thread)[QUOTE]

I think he is speaking of the one inside the sink, above the disposal blades. It just pulls out of the drain opening from the top side of the sink.

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
wish i had one.

anything the better half doesnt want you to bring into the kitchen and bath sinks inside.

every garage should have one to be code compliant.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post