SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who makes a really good flood type headlamp?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a really good flood type headlamp? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
This would be for snow blowing in the dark. Simple, bright with wide dispersement is preferred. Thank you.

Posts: 17906 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with my Fenix HM70R.

Posts: 20147 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I just bought a nitecore HC35 for $100 on sale a few days ago but this fenix HERE is on sale and is a solid choice. I have a bunch of fenix lights stashed in cars and toolboxes.

My old nightcore headlamp is 6 or 7 years old and still works as good as the day I bought it but technology has advanced for better lumen/runtime. So I opted to stay with nitecore but at this price point they are pretty much the same quality, which is really good.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4792 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Might look at what Black Diamond has. There is another that starts with a (P) cannot recall the name. Should be able to get a good one between 30-40 bucks.

Steamlight would be another option if you do not want to spend upwards of $100 and get something pretty good.

If you want a really good light look at Zebra.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used a Fenix (hp12) daily for work, since 2016, and the headband finally stretched out, I bought a new light (hm65r-dt) and retired the old one for home use.

Petzl, Old Rugged Cross may be thinking of.

I have used Black Diamond as well. But it was a 3-AAA light, it didn't have the run time as a light using 18650 or 21700 batteries.

Posts: 237 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:

I have used Black Diamond as well. But it was a 3-AAA light, it didn't have the run time as a light using 18650 or 21700 batteries.

Yep on both accounts. Thank you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I got this a couple of weeks ago and have been using it nearly daily. The low power floodlight is terrific in most situations, though I wouldn't know about snowy conditions.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18032 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

A big fan of Fenix right here. Quality stuff.

Posts: 7575 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have a few with the strap but they don't get much use. I saw this style several years ago and bought one. It's held up great, still takes a charge and it was under $9.00 back then. I use it at least twice a day when walking the dog in the dark. Throws a pretty good spread but not super powerful, three settings.

https://www.amazon.com/MOXTOYU...TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3409 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:
I used a Fenix (hp12) daily for work, since 2016, and the headband finally stretched out, I bought a new light (hm65r-dt) and retired the old one for home use.

Did you inquire with Fenix about a replacement head gear?
Never hurts to ask. Maybe a few buck for head strap and a little time setting up but if the light still works it might be worth it.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4140 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
While I haven’t had the chance to use one I have been intrigued with this design. For the price it just might be worth trying out.

https://www.amazon.com/Recharg...JhoCRXsQAvD_BwE&th=1

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6344 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.sofirnlight.com/co...99-a4ac-96bb80294bd8

I'm using these. Cheap, recharges and excellent light. I'm not a fan of the made in China aspect. Other than that I like them.

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post