SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indians Wuss Out
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indians Wuss Out Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted
Cleveland Indians need a new nickname.

https://www.breitbart.com/news...rsial-team-nickname/

Charlie says, "WTF"

ETA: Just ordered a Chief Wahoo cap while I still could. Should trigger people Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pussies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seen this coming from miles away. After the fiasco over the Redskins shitshow, every professional sports owner will look at being as "non-offensive" as possible, if only to not upset their revenue stream. It's ALWAYS going to be about the money, baby...

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Damn! I thought this was going to be about the Chiricahua Apaches giving up the Cochise stronghold in Arizona.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Can I nominate the Flaming Cuyahoga as the new name.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mistake by the lake..... Somehow none of that has touched the local high school teams in my area. Uniform companies must be behind this, because it is so absurd.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
This planet is hopeless.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they can form a committee that comes up with a clever team name such as Cleveland Baseball Team. It worked so well in the national felon league for the Washington Football Team spineless, politically correct, pussies.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
While I think the cancelling of "Redskins" is absurd, this takes it to a whole new level. How is "Indians" offensive. Geesh.

If Indians is offensive, Yankees should definitely be next on the list. Roll Eyes

I am originally from NJ, and I am highly offended by the word Yankee. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lets see Cleveland Indigenous People or Cleveland Native Americans?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First people? No that’s not true.
First Nation? No that’s not true.

What does the PC crowd figure is correct? I’m sure they have plan B., if not, why cause problems?

Seems to be just shit-stirrers unhappy with their own life, wanting to make others miserable.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about second rate Ohio team?

posted Hide Post
It is a disgrace
Growing up in Ohio, I was always a Reds fan but I did catch a few Cleveland games each year.

One sports writer was throwing names out and mentioned going back to the original team name which is the Spiders.

Or...........

Choosing the mascot from the Negro league.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
The Cleveland Baseball Team

Easy...the Redskins found the answer. And now the Washington Football Team is winning again! But wait, Washington had slaves...maybe just call it Football Team

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I still don't get the theory that somehow naming something for someone is somehow diminishing. Was naming the planned building in Chicago the "The Barack Obama Presidential Library" intended to slight someone? What about all those "Martin Luther King" streets/schools/etc.?

If you name a son/daughter after someone, I think that is called 'naming in honor of'.

So, go ahead and change it. It's their property, they can do what they like - could call their ballclub "The British Dart Society" and their stadium "The South Pole".

It may be thought a 'business decision' but my bet is that this proves to have been expensive nonsense.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the nicknames of the Negro league teams:
Atlanta Black Crackers. The Black Crackers began play as the Atlanta Cubs but changed their name as many fans were already calling them the Black Crackers after an all-white baseball team in Atlanta named the Crackers in 1919. ...
Kansas City Monarchs. ...
Homestead Grays. ...
Birmingham Black Barons. ...
Hilldale Daisies. ...
New York Cubans

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
"Lib-tards, they are sick. They cannot use logic. Stupidity they like it very much. Logic, lib-tards are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take stupidity from lib-tards. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come."

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
How about the Cleveland Windsors...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with 67 Goat. Growing up in the South, Yankee was still a swear word. And to think I married a Slovak girl from PA of all places! My ancestors must be turning over in their graves...

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could not remember the Negro teams name so I had to look it up:

The Cleveland Buckeyes were a Negro league baseball team that played from 1942 to 1950 in the Negro American League.

I don't think they will go back to the Buckeye's because it is too synonymous with Ohio State

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post