SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What happened to RHINOWSO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to RHINOWSO? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I haven't seen him post in a long time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pray, nothing. Always liked his posts!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I was wondering the same thing when I was shopping for a buffer tube last month -- he always has opinions about AR parts, which I always paid attention to. I wouldn't own a Colt upper if not for him.

Hope he's ok. I've grown to like the guy.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10940 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Assuming the handle is correct could he be deployed?

Also didn’t he rub Para the wrong way sometime back? Did he get banned/time outed?

But yeah I always liked his posts. Hope he is GTG.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7697 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
August 24th
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
As for RHINOWSO and V-Tail, has anyone who knows them fairly well (I don't) reached out to let them know they're missed? And perhaps linking this thread as well?
Rhino might come back, but V-Tail probably will not. Let me tell you something I know about members coming and going in places like this. The only real control a member has is whether to stay or to remain, and if he chooses to stay, there has to be an agreement between the member and whoever runs the board. When you get right down to it, the one real power a member has is to say "I don't want to be here." Otherwise, someone else is involved with the decision. You want to stay? You have to be permitted to stay. You want to go? That's entirely up to you. V-Tail is exercising that power. When someone feels they've been treated badly enough, they won't come back. I think that's what's going on.

But, Rhino, well, we might see him again. He's a very resilient fella.
He's usually a contributor in the Big Ten thread. He doesn't have a favorite team, but he likes chaos (e.g. underdog beating a perennial powerhouse) and boy is there chaos in college football this year. Kind of thought he'd pop in the Big Ten thread at some point.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There are several people I noticed who seem to be MIA. I started a thread about one but it disappeared so I figured something must have happened that I missed. I dropped it so as not to trespass. Perhaps Rhinowso is one of them. Who knows?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29733 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I saw a mention on another thread that indicated RHINOWSO and para had issues in the past. I don't know details and don't really want to.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks tatortodd, I somewhat remember that now after reading it. I hope to see him poke his head back in here. I was reading another post today and it made me think of the fact he's gone silent.

Rhino, come back, or at least let us know you are doing well.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know...last time I asked about a member, it turns out that he passed away...hoping this is not the case for Rhino

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
RHINOWSO is fine. I emailed him not that long ago.
Short version is that he’s taking a break from the forum for awhile.

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post