SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Upgrade Mac from Mojave to Catalina?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrade Mac from Mojave to Catalina? Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

There have been many complaints about Mail, not sure if these later versions have fixed them. One problem was when you moved an email from your inbox to a another folder (sorting), the email "appeared" to be there in the new folder (sender, date, etc. displayed). But if you opened it, there was no content! That's something that might go unnoticed if people don't go poking around their archived emails. And Mail has dropped support for columns of your choice in the mail display windows. You get the couple of columns they give you, and that's it.

I think I will ride Catalina out, and stay on Mojave, which has proven to be a very stable OS for me.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My MacBook Pro is running High Sierra (10.13.6). When I go to Software Update, there is no option to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina. How do I do the upgrade?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My MacBook Pro is a 2012, no problems or hiccups at all since the upgrade. Syncs with All my Apple stuff (iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad mini and iPhone 8s.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
There’s always those fantastic releases, the ones that stand out from the others.

OSX 10.2 Jaguar
OSX 10.4 Tiger
OSX 10.6 Mountain Lion
OSX 10.8 Snow Leopard
OSX 10.11 El Capitan
Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

Given the rhythm of the cycles, Catalina *should* be the solid release. I’m staying with High Sierra for awhile just in case I need 32 bit support.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz: ... Mail has dropped support for columns of your choice in the mail display windows.
Yep, a beef of mine. Wheeeerrre's the DATA?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
My MacBook Pro is running High Sierra (10.13.6). When I go to Software Update, there is no option to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina. How do I do the upgrade?

Ya poke around. My 2011 will only go to High Sierra.

https://support.apple.com/macos

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post