SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who makes a good t-handle Allen and/or Torx wrench set?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a good t-handle Allen and/or Torx wrench set? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Don't need uber-high quality, but something better than the $8.99 sets found on Amazon. Bonus if the Allens are ball-end type.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bondhus makes good sets inc ball ends.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Eklind have worked well for me.

Posts: 9394 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Don't need uber-high quality, but something better than the $8.99 sets found on Amazon. Bonus if the Allens are ball-end type.

My cheap Chinese Harbor Freight T-handle Allen wrenches work great.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31358 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few sets of Bondhus as well and they are good quality.

This is one tool you don't want to go cheap on. Bad, cheap or worn will screw up what your working on every time.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2925 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Eklind have worked well for me.

Not T-handle, but happy with my Eklind allens
Standard 90* bend style, ball end on the longer leg, square end on the short.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Bondhus

Posts: 1955 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, these tools are addictive. Thanks y'all, another financial leak....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I use Bondhus, 1/4" drive ball tips or straight for insertion and removal.
You really shouldn't use the ball tips for torque applications, they cam out easier, and can, in theory break the tips off... I use Wiha t-handles or L sets for torquing, depending on clearances.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Look for something not made in CCP land for starters.
Cheap and good don't usually don't go together.

These might be another option and are made in the USA too. When I find something I like on Amazon, I check around for better prices. Sometimes they are competitive and sometimes they are much higher.

https://www.amazon.com/Eklind-...ll-Hex/dp/B000189RA0

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Eklind isn't bad. They're made in USA and make Allen & Torx wrenches for many other brands that slap their names on them.

Bondhus is better, also made in USA. I like their Comfort grip handles.

In my experience, especially w/ small size screws, the brands that have the best fit, least slop, and least likely to round out or strip are Wiha, Wera, & PB Swiss.

I'm not picky about ball-head wrenches, b/c as stoic put it, you don't use ball-head for high-torque-for-fastener size applications. They're built for speed, not strength.

Although these are for L-shape wrenches, the testing gives a good idea about the quality differences between different brands.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Bhondus. I've used them for years with no complaints. It took me maybe 10 years to break my 3mm ball end driver after using it many times on a weekly basis. Many of those times was to break loose screws that were glued in with ceramic thread locker (non-outgassing for laser optics). It was one of those screws that finally did it in.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5366 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Bondhus will serve you VERY well. I've got Bondhus Metric and SAE sets that I've had since the 90's, and I don't expect to have to replace them...Ever! Cool

I've also got some Facom SK 'P-handles' (Metric, SAE & Torx) I like to use when more precision or a finer touch/feel is required for the final 'hand torquing', or loosening of certain fasteners. They're from the early 2000's, back when Facom was a major tool supplier to the F1 Teams...Unfortunately, their offering is not what it once was since being acquired by Stanley Black & Decker! Frown

Those Wiha sets sure are nice though... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For torx I use Wiha. I take apart a bunch of knives and you need good tools

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Will likely go with Bondhus. A few of you pointed out and I appreciate it that the ball end isn't for high torque uses, which is one reason I'm looking at the t-handle sets. The other being the longer shaft length.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for long-lasting investment, go with Wiha. Like Festool tools, they're an investment if you value high-quality or, your work requires precision.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The Bondhus t-handle ball end hex wrenches I got a few years ago are junk and slip and skip in high quality fasteners that none of my other hex wrenches, ball end or standard, have ever had the slightest problem with.

Maybe most of them are fine and I just got a bum set, but they are the single worst set of ball end hex wrenches I have ever laid hands on.

In my experience, Wiha hex wrenches are OK as except for small sizes (2mm and smaller) which are useless (don’t know if they’re undersized or the corners are too dull or what but they slip).

I have a bunch of PB Swiss that have always been excellent and some Wera that have also been excellent.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Fakes?? Never ever heard anyone speak badly of their experience with Bondhus tools!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Project Farm tested allen wrenches. Not tee handle version, but would likely apply.

https://youtu.be/oTBiPjCeVwI

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post