SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pennzoil manufacturing error 5w20 five quart from Walmart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pennzoil manufacturing error 5w20 five quart from Walmart Login/Join 
posted
Went to pour oil into my Civic after oil and filter change. Out came a clear liquid with a smooth texture. I assume this is a processing issue. Perhaps oil and detergent weren’t blended properly or it was a rinse solution at the plant. Not much made it in the motor. I’m not concerned about it. Walmart was stumped but refunded me and I got another good bottle. I’ve been using Pennzoil for years for my Honda without any problems.

Any idea what may have been in the bottle? It didn’t appear to be tampered with.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quality control issue. I assume there is a number on the bottle that denotes the lot. I would send an email to Pennzoil and see what happens. This is how recalls happen. I would save the bottle.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Was there a tamper-evident seal on the container?

Reason I ask -- I have a small business, supplying do-it-yourself carpet cleaning machines to the rental market. We also supply the cleaning products, which we bottle.

We use tamper-evident seals on the bottles to try to defeat the scammers who use the product, then refill the container with who knows what, and try to return it to the store for a refund.

We try to train cashiers not to accept returns if the seal is broken, as at that point, we have no idea what is in the bottle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Call and let them know.
They will likely be quite happy and likely give you a couple of free jugs.

In college I bought a 24 pack of Pepsi last can in the pack was empty, all sealed up but no liquid inside.
I called the 1-800 number on the pack told them the deal and they asked for a bunch of numbers off the can and case.

Less than a week later I had 25 coupons for a free 24 pack.
600 free Sodas, damn skippy, in college that was big money.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Reason I ask -- I have a small business, supplying do-it-yourself carpet cleaning machines to the rental market. We also supply the cleaning products, which we bottle.

We use tamper-evident seals on the bottles to try to defeat the scammers who use the product, then refill the container with who knows what, and try to return it to the store for a refund.

We try to train cashiers not to accept returns if the seal is broken, as at that point, we have no idea what is in the bottle.

Not long ago, I thought I was purchasing a Mobil One oil filter at Wal Mart. When I opened the box at home after draining the oil, some AHole had switched filters, inside was the cheapest Fram filter you can buy.

I should have checked before buying. Kinda impractical , however for oil.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Not long ago, I thought I was purchasing a Mobil One oil filter at Wal Mart. When I opened the box at home after draining the oil, some AHole had switched filters, inside was the cheapest Fram filter you can buy.

I should have checked before buying. Kinda impractical , however for oil.

I have seen that a bunch. I picked up a K & N oil filter and the box had a cheap Supertech oil filter in it. Ever since I always check the box.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:...

Not long ago, I thought I was purchasing a Mobil One oil filter at Wal Mart. When I opened the box at home after draining the oil, some AHole had switched filters, inside was the cheapest Fram filter you can buy....

Ahh... FRAMSCAM. Yep, remember it well. Caught 7 Congressmen swapping filters, then buying the "cheaper" item, with the more expensive one inside.

Cheap bastages...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post