SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama said he is from Kenya in recent speech
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama said he is from Kenya in recent speech Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Even if he was born in Kenya, his mother was a US citizen and, like Ted Cruz being born in Canada to an American mother, the Wonder Putz is afforded the rights of an American birth.

The major point here is that ONLY people born IN the USA can be president.

So John McCain was illegitimate in 2008 too?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:

A "natural born citizen" does not mean someone born in the United States.

It means someone who is a US citizen at birth - EITHER by being born in the United States, OR by being born with a parent who is a US citizen.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even if he was born in Kenya, his mother was a US citizen and, like Ted Cruz being born in Canada to an American mother, the Wonder Putz is afforded the rights of an American birth.
Not necessarily. The laws pertaining to assumption of citizenship from parents have a number of rules, some of which involve the age of the mother and how long prior to the birth she had been in residence in the USA--there is considerable doubt that she met the requirements of the law to pass on her citizenship. Obama's father of record never was a US citizen (but there are those who believe that he did have a real US citizen father, just not the person listed on his "birth certificate").
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

A "natural born citizen" does not mean someone born in the United States.

It means someone who is a US citizen at birth - EITHER by being born in the United States, OR by being born with a parent who is a US citizen.
Or, as many of us believe the definition is, that BOTH parents were US citizens at the birth.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Something else you can blame the Brits for, eh? Wink

tac

That albatross you carry is getting heavy for the rest of us as well, mate. Might you put it down to ease the lot of us?

Dijja notice the wink?

Thought not.

tac

Posts: 11340 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Something else you can blame the Brits for, eh? Wink

tac

That albatross you carry is getting heavy for the rest of us as well, mate. Might you put it down to ease the lot of us?

Dijja notice the wink?

Thought not.

tac

Do you get wafers with it?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really? Are you saying that if both parents are U.S. citizens who might be outside of the U.S., maybe for military service, or just traveling for any reason, their child who is born outside of the U.S. can not be president?

I do not think that is correct.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30738 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Do you get wafers with it?

Saw what you did there, sir ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When the Constitution was drafted no one was concerned whether the child of a diplomat or soldier on occupation duty outside the U.S. could become President. I’m pretty sure, therefore, that their intent was that the President himself would have been born in one of the United States.

I spent a number of my childhood years attending school in France where my father was stationed in the Army, and many of my classmates had been born in places like France, Germany, or Japan. By the early 1960s some of them were resentful of the fact that they couldn’t become President because of the Constitutional provisions even though they had been born to U.S. citizens serving abroad. I don’t have the time or inclination to research the question of what the interpretation of the Constitution is today, but that’s what it was in my lifetime.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47419 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

So John McCain was illegitimate in 2008 too?

Army bases and embassies are considered US soil, he was born at a naval base I believe so that counts as being born in US soil

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why even mention the turd? He's trying to be relevant when he's not.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13410 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Why even mention the turd? He's trying to be relevant when he's not.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Here, there...
either way it doesn't matter. The damage has been done.
Time to un-fuck this place after the last 8 years of damage.

MAGA!

Needs repeating.

Q

Posts: 26506 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
At some point, I'd almost expect Obama to "admit" he's Kenyan (whether true or not) just to fuck with the birthers.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
When the Constitution was drafted no one was concerned whether the child of a diplomat or soldier on occupation duty outside the U.S. could become President. I’m pretty sure, therefore, that their intent was that the President himself would have been born in one of the United States.
I think you'll find that the chief concern of the Founders was that the President not have "dual citizenship" and thereby allegiance to any country but ours. By putting the "natural born citizen" requirement (which everyone back then recognized as having both parents be citizens, thus no duality) they hoped to insure that future Presidents would only be loyal to the US.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post