SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suspect grabs taser off police belt and gets shot
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suspect grabs taser off police belt and gets shot Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Tasers are typically carried crossdraw. The ease of a gun snatch from a crossdraw is why we stopped using crossdraw holsters 40 years ago

The first time I was involved in offering my opinion on the subject, I strongly recommended carrying TASERs butt to the rear on the nondominant side for that reason. For a time that was how they were carried, but later (when no one was asking for my input any longer) they had switched to crossdraw.

In addition, with a crossdraw setup the officer’s grip on the TASER and handgun are both the same from the beginning of their deployment. Drawing with the nondominant hand, though, is a distinct difference that can help prevent confusion between the two weapons.

Our Taser are mandated work opposite your gun, butt to the rear. It forces a weak-side "standard" draw, for the reasons discussed above. I think we clarified this policy after the BART shooting.

Posts: 6362 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time that. The cop has about 1-1/2 second there at @6:03, blinks his eyes and the guys grabbed his tazer.

"I don't know if that guy was mentally impaired, under the influence, stubborn, or just stupid"

Is that a "pick any 3" question?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post