SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kobalt tool box mods
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kobalt tool box mods Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
How's that for different? LOL

So I took advantage of Black Friday to get some tools that'll go on the RV. I picked up a Kobalt 227 piece mechanic's tool set. My logic is this.....if something breaks, there SHOULD be a Lowe's somewhere within a couple of hours that I can go get a replacement. I also picked up a Dewalt cordless driver and nice set of tips that should cover all my screwdriving needs.

But I digress.....

The toolbox is plastic and kinda shitty. I ordered it online then went to the store to pick it up. The one they brought me had already blown one of the plastic tabs that holds part of the side in place. So now I'm wondering if I can beef up the one I took instead.

I was kinda thinking of maybe liberally squirting Gorilla Glue or something like that into the walls of the box (it's that molded plastic stuff). Think that'd work?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can reinforce the blow molded parts of the box with non expanding spray foam if you are careful about keeping the case rigid while putting the foam in. Do small areas at a time. That said, the weak points aren't the body but the moving parts, the hinges and latches. Cheap and built to stay that way.

--------------------------------------------
You can't have no idea how little I care.

Posts: 344 | Registered: December 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post