SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bed in a Box, What do you like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bed in a Box, What do you like? Login/Join 
posted
We’ve finally wore our old spring mattress out, so the wife is in the market for a new one. We’re thinking of trying out one of the bed in a box foam mattresses that are delivered to your door. Does anyone here have one and if so, which brands do you like and why? Thanks for anything you can share.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
We got a Leesa about two months ago. We both really like it and are happy with the purchase.

We each got one of their pillows too. I love mine, best pillow I’ve ever had. My wife hated hers and sent it back.

We didn’t try any other brands, so I can’t speak to how Leesa compares to others.

We had a 10 year old expensive mattress and the Leesa blows it away.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just be sure you get one matched to your body weight. I’m overweight and our gel-foam makes me a cripple after more than 4-5 hours.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Extra credit question for Leesa, T&N, etc owners: what about stomach sleeping? I do that a lot and we're in the market for a matress as well.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tuft & Needle, with electric adjustable foundations from Walmart. Best sleep of my life. Have had them almost a year, and are as good and comfortable today as they were the first day we had them.

We will never go back to regular mattresses again.

As to your other question, I have only slept on my stomach a couple of times since my chiropractor recommended that I train myself not to do that anymore. It was perfectly fine, but I don't make a habit of it. These mattresses, in my experience, do not deliver any pressure points in any sleeping position.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12781 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My former boss got a Tuft & Needle, claims it's much better than the Tempurpedic they had before it, and at a fraction of the cost.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I bought a Calif. King memory foam bed with gel topper from Amazon. I think it was $600 delivered.

Got it back in June of 2017. So far we love it.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Ghost Bed!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
My back absolutely loved the Purple. My bad shoulder? Not so much.

I hated to return it but the shoulder won out.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I bought my mattresses from Amazon and think they are very reasonable and comfortable.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I've had a Tuft & Needle for almost 2 months now and I'm happy with it. It comes with a 100 night trial so there's not much risk.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We bought a Ghost Bed a couple years ago. Very happy with it. In fact, I'll be buying another in a few months, for our guest room.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Bought a 12" Sleep Inovations "Shiloh" from Amazon back in 2014. It's still the best, most comfortable mattress I've ever owned.

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Franzia Crisp White. Half a box and I am in a bed!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I hate to do this, but I’m pulling my Saatva/Zenhaven recommendation. Less than a year on the Zenhaven latex mattress and it’s been warranted once...and now the replacement one is crushing on my side. I’m a pretty big guy, I’ll admit it, but that wasn’t suppose to matter according to Saatva. It was our first foray into an internet based mattress company. I’d like to trust and try a T&N bed but I’m scared to after this one.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
12" Sleep Innovations Shiloh here as well. I like it very much after a year and a half.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Just be sure you get one matched to your body weight. I’m overweight and our gel-foam makes me a cripple after more than 4-5 hours.
^^ THIS ^^

One of the reasons there is a wide range of reviews or complaints that comfort declines. If you're over 200 lbs, you really need to do your homework to insure every component is quality, but if you're 150 lbs you should be able to pick anybody.

Just bought a bed in a box and adjustable bed in early December. I'm an engineer so I researched for weeks and weeks. I sleep hot so I wanted a cool material and I'm well over 200 lbs. Hands down, this article on The Mattress Underground was the most informative thing I read about purchasing a bed in a box. I'm really glad I purchased one of the ones they deemed "Suitable for all weight ranges."

I ended up buying Sedona Sleep Systems Base Mattress & Topper Combo:
  • The base mattress is the supportive component and IME it is very high quality.
  • The Talalay Latex topper is where you personalize it for your body weight and your sleep position. On queen and king, you can even have one density on the left and a different density on the right. I've got a firmer side for back sleeping and a softer side for side sleeping. My middle back pain that I've been struggling with for 3.5 years is completely gone. Also, talalay latex sleeps very cool.

Another thing I did was bought this cooling, waterproof mattress pad. Their cooling technology really does work and if my elderly cat has an accident it's waterproof to protect my mattress investment.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks for the link. The mattress underground has some interesting articles.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Each post crafted from
    rich Corinthian leather
    Picture of TheFrontRange
    posted Hide Post
    We bought a Night Therapy iCoil bed from Sam's Club online. It's working out well so far.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    My wife and I bought a T&N on thanksgiving day off of Amazon. She prefers a firm mattress, so after reading a ton of reviews about it being too firm I figured if anything I'd be the one that didn't like it since I like softer mattresses. Was the exact opposite. I'm a big guy about 280 and it was great for me, but too soft for her. Was MUCH softer than I was expecting. We gave it about 3 weeks and I'm in the process of returning it right now...which, by the way, has been a PIA to return it on Amazon. They want you to "package it" so that it's safe during transit but it obviously won't fit in the box after you take off the vacuum seal. I had read about another purchaser on Amazon running into that but they had a special number to call listed for returning it if it'd been opened, so I figured that must have changed. I got it on sale for $570 as opposed to $700, so it was a risk I was willing to take. I believe if you purchase it straight from T&N and don't like it they have a donation location pick it up and credit your money back. None of this returning it crap.

Anyways, I'd definitely get one with some kind of trial period unless you can somehow trial it in a store or at a friend's house prior to purchasing it. After my experience it's clear that no two people are the same.

Oh, and as far as the sleeping on your stomach question, I haven't been able to do it on our current mattress but enjoyed it on the T&N.

Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post