SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I took my kids to their first concert tonight! What a fun night!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I took my kids to their first concert tonight! What a fun night! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I think tonight might have been the most fun night of my life. Winston Salem NC had a brewery celebrating their 3rd year anniversary at a park down town. The Gin Blossoms (my favorite band to sing at karaoke night) headlined a free concert at Bailey park in the heart of the city. We got there about an hour before the first band took the stage and had an excellent spot.

I made an absolute fool of myself dancing with my daughters and son and just letting completely loose. Man it felt so good to forget about covid and live life fully again. It was amazing. We got pretty darn close to the stage a few times and had an absolute blast. The crowd was amazing.

I was jumping up and down like the guitar player from no doubt circa 1995 with my daughter on my shoulders. I got a lot of people looking at me oddly and tons of smiles. Our group was hands down the wildest bunch there and we had a BLAST!!!

If time travel ever becomes a thing I want to relive tonight again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Sounds like ya’ll made some great memories. One of these day’s the conversation will come up “remember that time we went to the concert and dad was dancing all night long?” Good stuff.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Made me laugh. Thinking " Big Grin I made a complete ass of myself."

Good for you guys. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine the wonderful time you guy's had. Memories made for you and the kids. I am glad you cut it loose. That is soooo important.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
That is awesome Sir..
I'm very happy for you all.

As to the Gin Blossoms, one of my favorite lyrics of all times:
And if you don't expect too much from me
You might not be let down

As to taking the kids to a concert:
My kids are now 27 and 30.
I've taken them to so many concerts and they got to see so many bands since they were in their early teens.

It was nothing but great memories for us all..
They've seen me dance a fool, sing out profane lyrics, told them stories about what some of the songs mean to me, etc..

I couldn't even begin to list all the shows we've seen.
From original STP, Skipknot, Taylor Swift, Seether X4, Young the Giant, Toadies, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Rob Zombie, Offspring, 311, Papa Roach. Green Day X3, Bush, Everclear, Chris Cornell with Audioslave, AFI, are just a few of the many.

I encourage you to take them to see as many bands as possible..
We made many a good memory going to shows..

As the kids got into their 20s and got involved with their own lives, about the only time I got to spend quality time with them was going to concerts..

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This got me to thinking of all the times that we took the kids to hear the Red, White, and Blue(Grass). And the Doug Dillard band. Doug gave my younger boy, who was a big fan of the Andy Griffith show, an photo of the Mayberry cast, autographed by all of them.
Going even further back to when I was a kid, I remember my mother, who was a classical musician, taking me to NY Philharmonic and Philadelphia Orchestra concerts at Carnegie Hall, and also to the Met (NY Metropolitan Opera). With my real hearing almost non-existent now, I can still "hear" some of those performances in my head.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30714 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey jealousy

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice job, man! Good for you and your young crew!

God bless America.

Posts: 13517 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post