SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Identifying Weeds...This Website From The Universty Of Tennesse Is A Great Source...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identifying Weeds...This Website From The Universty Of Tennesse Is A Great Source... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...good pictures and descriptions for anyone trying to put a name to a face on common lawn/garden/flower-bed weeds...

http://www.tennesseeturfgrassw...g/pages/weed-id.aspx

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this,I have a bunch of this crap in my yards because I have just fed or sprayed in years.
Mostly because of the Bees I used to have till the county sprayed for skeeters.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That's a helpful post. Thanks!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, very helpful. I did not know the proper names. I have many of these desperados!
I’m bookmarking this info, thanks again.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Until my neighbors decide to do something about their weeds, I will have weeds. I get a lot of same ones every year like hairy bittercress and violets, but there's always at least one new one I've never seen, so the guide is helpful, thanks.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, this is great!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For those of you in AZ, the best resource is A Field Guide to the Plants of Arizona, by Anne Orth Epple. It covers all AZ flora, including many that are unique to this area.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post