SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Yorkers Are Abandoning the Big Apple in Droves
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Yorkers Are Abandoning the Big Apple in Droves Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Ahem: “Don’t Californicate Colorado.” (Bumper sticker in 1986 when I moved back here.)

It did not work Mad

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
A buddy just had a libtard from Washington move in next door.

He commented on her Biden/Harris bumpersticker, she replied; I voted Biden as I thought it was time to bring some INTEGRITY back to the office"

They truly are crazy.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
That’s too bad. They got what they asked for and now that they find they don’t like it, like a cancer, they’re going to take their shit to a new state and start over.

I cringe when I see CA, OR and WA posted here in Arizona. Wish there was a bounty.

They need to be confined to the shithole they’ve created.

Roll Eyes Um, Yeah. No conservatives in any of those states. none. gotcha. Roll Eyes

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Arizona and Texqs need to herd all those migrating Californians into New Mexico--it's already Blue and getting Bluer won't matter.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Ahem: “Don’t Californicate Colorado.” (Bumper sticker in 1986 when I moved back here.)

It did not work Mad

It did not. And that is why I disagree with the naïve belief that when people move away from something they didn’t like, they will leave the things they didn’t like behind them. There are at least two major reasons for that: humans are resistant to change in their lives, and many (most?) are literally too stupid to understand what it was that led to the conditions that they move away from with the intention of fleeing.

“Why does the crime rate keep rising back there?”
“Racism against the immigrants moving in.”
“Oh, makes sense. Well, we don’t live there any more, but to keep the crime rate down among all the immigrants that are moving here, let’s require our businesses to have at least 40 hours per year of diversity training for their employees. (Back where we came from they were only required to have 20 hours of training a year; that wasn’t enough, though, so we should increase it.)”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Virginia got turned progressive by NJites and Marylanders fleeing high taxes, Indian tech workers, as well as DC civil-service spill overs. Virginia used to be very conservative. Hell, some of our democratic governors passed our best gun laws. No more. Our state is controlled by the liberal northern part of the state. Some parts of NOVA, including Loudoun County, have so many Indian tech workers it sometimes looks like New Dehli, except there aren't piles of garbage and free-flowing sewage in the streets - but give it time. Indians are the hardest left of the left.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
We are trying and failing to keep the fuckers out of Florida. They ruin everywhere they go.

Yep, see a lot of NY plates here now, there is an article circulating that we'll have the highest rise in property values since 2005 pct wise.

Maybe its time to sell, buy some land and a house in East TN.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

He commented on her Biden/Harris bumpersticker, she replied; I voted Biden as I thought it was time to bring some INTEGRITY back to the office"

They truly are crazy.

Such people don't connect the flash with the bang, the cause with the effect. They don't realize (or don't admit) that it's their own philosophies/choices that cause the problems about which they complain.

But I do have to question the author of the article. Did she really mean to say San Francisco?? Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

They truly are crazy.

Such people don't connect the flash with the bang, the cause with the effect. They don't realize (or don't admit) that it's their own philosophies/choices that cause the problems about which they complain.

But I do have to question the author of the article. Did she really mean to say San Francisco?? Wink

This is why I say Leftism is the zombie apocalypse. That they can’t or won’t associate choices with consequences is what makes their disease virulent. They infect everything they touch. And consume the healthy with stunning voracity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I hope I get the benefit of the doubt when I move to a red state. Should I just open carry a 1911 and slap a trump bumper sticker on my truck?

Posts: 9965 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree with the naïve belief that when people move away from something they didn’t like, they will leave the things they didn’t like behind them. There are at least two major reasons for that: humans are resistant to change in their lives, and many (most?) are literally too stupid to understand what it was that led to the conditions that they move away from with the intention of fleeing.

sigfreund: I agree with you.
Most Lib/Prog/GDCs who move out will still be what they are. They will colonize rather than convert. Conservatives who escape a Lib/Prog state like Cali or New York will still be what they are too, but may be in the minority.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Left the Rotten Apple and never looked back.
Moved upstate where the people are caring, the air is clean, and, in my county, more cows than people.
NYC is a concrete jungle populated by haves and have nots, with a rapidly disappearing middle class.
The state's governor is a pompous dictator and the mayor an asshat.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Yep, the Commie idiots never learn. Their foul spread far outwieghs that of Covid.

This is why there needs to be a 5 year moratorium on voting when those bastards move to new states.

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I disagree with the naïve belief that when people move away from something they didn’t like, they will leave the things they didn’t like behind them. There are at least two major reasons for that: humans are resistant to change in their lives, and many (most?) are literally too stupid to understand what it was that led to the conditions that they move away from with the intention of fleeing.

sigfreund: I agree with you.
Most Lib/Prog/GDCs who move out will still be what they are. They will colonize rather than convert. Conservatives who escape a Lib/Prog state like Cali or New York will still be what they are too, but may be in the minority.

Concur. IME, the left are too stupid to realize that they are responsible for the situation based on their decisions and actions. But beyond, that the left seem to have a real absence of accountability. Issues that happen are always someone else's fault. So, even if they make some association, some else is to blame for reality.

The young leftists who are smart enough to make the associations and also hold themselves accountable eventually become conservatives.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Making states control/responsible for entitlements could fix this

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:. . . IME, the left are too stupid to realize that they are responsible for the situation based on their decisions and actions. But beyond, that the left seem to have a real absence of accountability. Issues that happen are always someone else's fault. So, even if they make some association, some else is to blame for reality.

The young leftists who are smart enough to make the associations and also hold themselves accountable eventually become conservatives.

I think that's a bullseye. They are the authors of their own demise (and the demise of many around them). Plus, they will blame someone else for the problems they themselves caused.

I am saddened by otherwise good people I know who are in that boat. Their disease is a mix of ignorance, some arrogance, and brainwashing.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have clearly stated that these bastards leave their shit holes and come pollute the rest of America. These parasites need to just stay where the hell they are and not ruin the rest of the country. Personally, I despise all F'ing democrats as they are the problem!
So, all you commie democrat BASTARDS, we do not want you; PERIOD! And I do not care if anyone is offered by my comment. YOU are the problem as well.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I hope I get the benefit of the doubt when I move to a red state. Should I just open carry a 1911 and slap a trump bumper sticker on my truck?
It couldn't hurt. Sedulously avoid mentioning how you did things where you left.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
A year ago I heard on the radio that 200 Californians A DAY move to AZ. Assuming the vast majority of them are liberals, it’s no surprise that AZ is turning blue.

You can even feel it on the freeways in the Phoenix area, people driving faster than ever, and following more closely. Kinda like Los Angeles!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you were living on entitlements, would you move from a bankrupt state to a financially solvent state ?

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post