SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Motorcycle Day!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Motorcycle Day! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is a hell of a cool bike crue-dell!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That is a hell of a cool bike crue-dell!

Thanks. It really is a well made motorcycle. I get a ton of compliments from the older generation. The guys always have story tied to a Triumph from their youth Big Grin.

Posts: 343 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. It isn’t just the older gents who like those vintage styled bikes. I bought a 1970’s vintage two stroke Suzuki that looked a bit like a baby Triumph Bonnie and I have had tons of younger guys walk up to me at gas stations and compliment me on the bike then strike up a conversation.

When I used to ride with my friend who restored a CB650 we would have someone walk over and chat us up on almost every ride. The vintage style bikes are definitely attention getters when it comes to gear heads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very interesting bike! Should be lots of fun. We just picked up a new boatorcycle for my wife and I to cruise around on.

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
So far I have bought bar risers, bigger foot for side stand, tail rack, gps mount and tourtec panniers. I also ordered heated grips.

On the list of things yet to do/get
Windshield
Akrapovic exhaust
Crash protection
Seat (bill mayer saddles remake)

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
So far I have bought bar risers, bigger foot for side stand, tail rack, gps mount and tourtec panniers. I also ordered heated grips.

Windshield
Akrapovic exhaust
Crash protection

I was doing a little more research on the KTM 890 adventure R.
Looks like a fantastic machine. The one downside is lack of dealers in my area. Otherwise...it would have been high on my list of choices.

I decided to go with a 2021 Africa Twin. Picking it up tomorrow if everything goes as planned.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I picked her up a couple of weeks ago. I added some Outback Motortek Crash bars and Denali D4s so far.
I already have a tank bag, Ram Mounts, etc..
This motorcycle was made for exploring small towns and backroads.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Nice! We did a mixed gravel, backroad road ride on Sunday. We did about a 200 miles and I can say with some authority the KTM seat sucks donkey balls.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice! We did a mixed gravel, backroad road ride on Sunday. We did about a 200 miles and I can say with some authority the KTM seat sucks donkey balls.

LOL...the AT stock seat isn't that great either.
These adventure class bikes are so tall, stock seats are a compromise between comfort and seat height. Honda makes 2 additional seat options. One for the vertically challenged and another for taller riders. I can easily flat foot the bike with the stock seat. I may upgrade to a thicker seat at some point.

I really enjoy riding those small towns, backroads and out of the way places. You do have to be careful however.
Some of those out of the way places are there for a reason. Smile You get really good at turning around quickly. Big Grin

-- George Orwell

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Windshield
Akrapovic exhaust
Crash protection

FWIW my 1090 Adventure R came with an Akra, the previous owner put it on but told me it didn't add a bit of power nor better sound only that it was a bit lighter.

For seats, both for your 890 and Jupiter's Africa Twin, give Seat Concepts a look. I had one on the 1090 and have one currently on my Africa Twin and both made a huge improvement for not much money.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7110 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
A gun forum buddy on S&W forum recently had a thread showing a 2012 Triumph Bonneville he'd just bought. I'm 70 and sold my last bike 5 years ago, a BMW R1100R, figuring I was done riding. That Triumph caused me to check craigslist and there was a 2012 Triumph America cruiser, 1 old man owner, 9500 miles and if it was a gun I'd rate it as a high grade shooter. Price was right so I bought it last Saturday. No tags yet but I've ridden around the neighborhood and I remember how it's done. Smile

This is the look I'm going for Cool

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
For seats, both for your 890 and Jupiter's Africa Twin, give Seat Concepts a look. I had one on the 1090 and have one currently on my Africa Twin and both made a huge improvement for not much money.

I watched a few youtube videos. They look good. Production lead times may vary and can extend out past 8-10 weeks according to their website. Is that typical?

-- George Orwell

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
A gun forum buddy on S&W forum recently had a thread showing a 2012 Triumph Bonneville he'd just bought. I'm 70 and sold my last bike 5 years ago, a BMW R1100R, figuring I was done riding. That Triumph caused me to check craigslist and there was a 2012 Triumph America cruiser, 1 old man owner, 9500 miles and if it was a gun I'd rate it as a high grade shooter. Price was right so I bought it last Saturday. No tags yet but I've ridden around the neighborhood and I remember how it's done. Smile

This is the look I'm going for Cool

Congrats doublesharp.
She's a beauty. It would look even better with Melania on the back. Smile

-- George Orwell