SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Motorcycle Day!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Motorcycle Day! Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
After looking for months I finally found the bike I have been looking for. KTM 890 adventure R.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Valpo,
Nice bike! Congratulations.
You must have plans about where you will riding, can you share some of those plans with us?

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
was it like a $1.50 a cc?

Looks like a nice bike. I would want wider rubber myself on a bike that size.

Congrats

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent ride!!! Enjoy!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sweet bike!!! Congrats. KTM makes some great bikes! They (KTM) are advancing quite a bit in the world of Grand Prix racing. If you are at all interested in motorcycle racing next Sunday they are racing at KTM’s home track in Austria for round one of a double header at the Red Bull Ring. About 1/2 of every lap there is raced at full throttle! It’s a FAST track! Cool

If it’s anything like last year it should be a hell of a race. This next race will be the first race in a while to be open to the public and allow full capacity for spectators!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking scooter.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, nice looking KTM.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
After looking for months I finally found the bike I have been looking for. KTM 890 adventure R.

The 890R is a nice piece, congratulations Valpo. Looking forward to your ongoing impression.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7110 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Great looking bike! The 390 adventure was on my short list a few months ago. I can't imagine how much of a beast the 890 is compared to that. Minimal riding during Phoenix summers but I bet Indiana weather is about perfect right now. Have fun riding.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Silent

Posts: 1028 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Nice bike. I gave up riding 15 years ago. So many morons on the road not paying attention. Wanted to die later in life.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Back in the late 1970s I had a Honda XL650 street/trail that was a lot of fun - just be careful about dropping a foot down when you're riding railroad tracks.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on up. I will meet you at the bridge! Then do US 2 west along the lake.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Nice bike, from a new Honda Africa Twin owner!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. It is a huge step up or down depending on how you look at it from my Super Tenere. It’s about 100 lbs lighter and the same horsepower. The wife and I went for a ride this morning on some gravel roads with some bumps and suspension seems a world better and I definitely like the cruise control. It definitely has the power to lift the front end under throttle.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Come on up. I will meet you at the bridge! Then do US 2 west along the lake.
we can make that happen!

YAT-YAS

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
She's a real beauty.
I'm looking into getting another Africa Twin or Yamaha T7.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post