SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    40... When you either need to move more full wheelbarrows of dirt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40... When you either need to move more full wheelbarrows of dirt Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Or far fewer...Razz

Haven't gotten to spend much time in the garden this year. Bit out of shape...

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Smile LOL. End of last Summer I got 8 yards of 3 in one blend top soil. At 60 I soon learned my full wheelbarrows of dirt should be more like 5/8 full Big Grin. Got 9 more yards coming monday. If anyone needs a workout without a gym membership fee stop on by.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Get the double wheeled barrel, makes it a bit easier to move around without the accidental dumping.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Get the double wheeled barrel, makes it a bit easier to move around without the accidental dumping.

You’d know what’s even easier? Hiring a couple local HS boys from the football team. Did that last spring when I had 7 yds of sandy loam brought in to level out my (very) uneven lawn. They were happy for the $ and I was happy to wake up without pain the next morning.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I have the double wheeled version. I wouldn’t buy a single wheeled one, unless I had to go back to working construction again.

I had some teenagers to help some - should have tried to find some jocks. The regular ones are considerably less able than a middle aged man who’s worked with his hands for much of his life - it’s just the last 5 or 6 that I’ve been desk bound.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Same sentiment for day hiking for us... I USED to get back in the swing of things in 2 or 3 weeks each spring... not so much now.

Wheelbarrows?
The biggest disadvantage of a two wheeler is on uneven ground/slopes... we found them useless on a construction sight.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not exactly in the same boat since I don’t garden (maybe some year). But I have an above ground pool that I put in last year. I chose the flattest section of my backyard but it slopes on one end. I did 40 wheelbarrow loads of sand in a failed attempt to level it as the pool still slopes 3-4 inches.

This year I will correct that with some buttressing. But it will take another 40-50 wheelbarrow loads of sand I am sure. At 47, I will need some ibuprofen afterwards...

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use my side-by-side with the dump bed. Haven't used a wheelbarrow since I bought it 4 years ago.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think hiring a couple of HS jocks is still the best answer. Your work gets done, they get some useful exercise and a little cash, and you don't get damaged.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
53, dug a ditch and ran wires today. Tomorrow dig a 60’ ditch for conduit and run wires. Yeah I am outta shape. My 13 year old gets to lay sod with me next weekend - he is excited Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
My 13 year old gets to lay sod with me next weekend - he is excited

Nice. My 11 year sometimes claims the only reason I had kids was to put them to work on things I don’t want to do myself. Speaking of which, my 14 year old really needs to get on the roof and clean the gutters.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post