SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Ipad v8 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Ipad v8 question Login/Join 
posted
Dad has a v8 Ipad. I'd like to get him a wireless monitor for Christmas.
Spent way too long on a chat with Apple and their best option was a studio display model at $1600. Ehh, no thanks.
Wanting wireless because Ipad can't be plugged in charging and to the monitor at same time. (Lack of ports)
Anyone cracked this nut?
Either a wireless monitor that's compatible or some sort of adapter that allows both charge and monitor to be plugged in at same time.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning...apter/dp/B009WHV3BM/

This is the Apple branded adapter. You also need an HDMI cable of appropriate length.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning...apter/dp/B009WHV3BM/

This is the Apple branded adapter. You also need an HDMI cable of appropriate length.

Thanks. That may be just the answer. He has something similar but I think it doesn't have the charge slot. Only the outbound to the monitor.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
If you're wanting to keep it wireless, another option would be an Airplay-2 enabled TV. Here's an site for Samsung TVs, I'm sure there are others.

The trick is to find a TV (or device) that supports casting from an iDevice. I've done it using my Amazon Fire Stick (with some 3rd party apps), but only to see if it's possible.

Google "cast ipad to tv" for more info than you probably want.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
How about a cheap Chromecast stuck in the back of any TV?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post