SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the most you have ever paid to have something shipped?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the most you have ever paid to have something shipped? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX.
Got a shipping quote for a set of Slee Sliders today as well and that quote was $279.

I bought a set of RCI Off Road sliders last week. The shipping was $106.27 to Alabama.

How did you manage that??
I ordered my skid plates from RCI yesterday. RCI is my 2nd choice for sliders but they like the vast majority of sliders are very industrial, simple tube and dimple punched top plate. And yes I know they are a function armor product so the looks usually take a backseat but the Slee sliders just look so good and clean yet are still greatly functional.

But anyway. Since your quote was so cheap and only dependent on where you are in Alabama you may be closer to Colorado than me I filled up the cart and got a shipping quote $337!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25432 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Don’t know the exact total was, but I helped pay for shipping Neil Armstrong to the moon. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A big box of P220 pistols: $600+.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I paid $1,064.93 last summer to have $1,674.10 worth of split red cedar fence rails & posts shipped. The pallet was ten feet long, five feet wide, & stacked about four feet high. If I remember right it was over 1300lbs.

Talk about sticker shock.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5487 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Paid about $400 to have a 78 GS 400 shipped from San Francisco to Ohio in 89 when we moved back east. BIL's motorcycle, he passed away and I think that was double the value of the bike at the time LOL..

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
In my film days I had an associate editing out on location in Arizona. His monitor went out and he needed a 21” Sony (before HR LCD era) high res monitor because his died and they were dead in the water. I mentioned it would be expensive to ship and they said "don't worry about the cost". He told me they would make the shipping arrangements, just pack it in the OEM box and have it ready. I found out later that they shipped it OVERNIGHT express.
A 21” 65 pound Sony high res monitor, cables and base...
I have no idea what the final cost was but I’ll bet it was pretty spectacular.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
$1900 for a Pristine 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins from Nevada to Connecticut. Overall I got good service, but it sucked paying for it. Sure as hell beat flying out there and driving back.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

How did you manage that??
I ordered my skid plates from RCI yesterday. RCI is my 2nd choice for sliders but they like the vast majority of sliders are very industrial, simple tube and dimple punched top plate. And yes I know they are a function armor product so the looks usually take a backseat but the Slee sliders just look so good and clean yet are still greatly functional.

But anyway. Since your quote was so cheap and only dependent on where you are in Alabama you may be closer to Colorado than me I filled up the cart and got a shipping quote $337!!!

I’m guessing the distance is the major difference in shipping cost. They are coming Fedex. I like the looks of the Slee sliders but I’ve never seen any in person. I went with the RCI’s because I have dealt with them before. I recently purchased an Aluminum integration skid to cover my oil pan after I smashed the factory one. It matched up perfectly with my TRD aluminum front skid. Very high quality. I’m sure the sliders will be also. They also only charged $20.81 to ship the skid.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I had an RCI transmission skid on my Expedition and it was great. They were good to deal with only a minor flaw in their installation instructions but got me fixed up over the phone quick.
That is why I went with their skids again on the Tundra. Be interesting to see how long they take to arrive.

Slees sliders are just as much of a step as they are a slider as my boys are little so I need a fairly smooth top plate with no gaps for their feet to go through and a decent step.

Also waiting to hear back from Slee to be sure their sliders will work with the 46 gallon transfer flow replacement tank.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25432 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I shipped me, my spouse, and our child Washington Dulles to Amsterdam Schiphol in Business Class on UAL. The face price of all three tickets came to just over $14,500.

For which I spent 240,000 frequent flyer miles and $460 in taxes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31458 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
A company I designed and programmed a machine for shipped it from SE AL to Portugal on an Antonov 124 back in 2001ish. It was an entire manufacture, process, and assembly line, for the first ever (mass production) automotive electronic power steering motors(EPAS - Electronic Power Assisted Steering). I believe Mercedes Benz was the end customer, literally fly by wire power steering for cars. The machine, when palletized, took up about ~70% of the available space on the aircraft.

At the time I don't remember hearing how much it cost, but I'm sure it was quite a bit.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Two items come to mind. Sold my StG44 to a fellow in Pennsylvania. Over $400 with insurance included. Then I sent a Fender amp to a buyer. The head was $50, and the speaker cab was $140. And that was over 20 years ago for both. I actually had a guy in Zaire bid on the amp (EBay) and wanted to know how much for shipping I said don’t bother.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just mercilessly gouged by Ram Mounts. 16 bucks to ship a plastic mount component that weighed about an ounce.
Mad
I couldnt find the part anywhere else, so no choice.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16108 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
$800 to ship 2 cars but it was that or fly out, drive it back 11 hours and repeat.

That was direct to the owner/operator. I met him through Uship which I used for a previous shipment. Decided to go straight to him and saved an estimated $200 from booking fees.

Posts: 13137 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
$1200 to ship a 5 ton military surplus truck from NJ to WV. Honestly I wasn’t upset with the price given the distance and the area they had to travel through. It was delivered in a step deck trailer to the end of my driveway. It arrived on time and in great shape. Granted they’re pretty difficult to tear up. Flying up and driving back at 57 mph would’ve been miserable.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1895 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
About 900 bucks to ship a 4WD from Seattle to Anchorage so we could drive it back on the Alaska Highway, one way only.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
About $120 for 44 of the South African 300 round 5.56 battlepacks @$36 from AIM in Ohio to a NH commercial address. It was a while ago Wink

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3453 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There are 10 kinds of
people in this world
Picture of 686Owner
posted Hide Post
I think for myself $190 for a computer.

Once got a quote at work for over $1 million for shipping. $1,115,000 I believe.

The salesman thought transportation would be like $500,000 total for both ways. Glad he didn't try to quote it for that.

It ended up going a much shorter distance, so I'm not sure what we paid. It was about 120 or 130 trucks, lots of oversize loads.

Posts: 4599 | Location: KY | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post