SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the Coolest Thing You Own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the Coolest Thing You Own? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We have tools that have been passed down for the past past several generations. Knife from the late 1700's, corn husker, brace and bit, etc.

Posts: 7022 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
Probably the tailhook (full length, not just the hook point) from an A-4 Skyhawk I flew.

True story - the Chief's Mess in Oklahoma had a full F-14 tailhook - right above the pool table and EXACTLY where you would stand to make the break. I asked "what knucklehead put that up there?? EVERY sailor knows to NEVER walk under a tailhook."

It was on the wall the very next day. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have my great uncle's sidearm and bayonet. He was an early airborne volunteer and was 82nd Airborne 505th PIR D-Company. North Africa, Sicily, D-Day, etc...these items were there.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have a bottle of Port, inscribed with "Food And Wine Magazine's 10 Best Student Chefs 1997" and signed by all of us on the team (from the Culinary Institute of America) that was personally presented to me by Julia Child in June of 1997.

I'll have to get a picture up later.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
In Feb. 1945 my Dad's B-17 made a wheels up landing in a field in France . A piece of the plexiglass nose was broken off and Dad thought it was shaped like the state of Louisiana ( his home ) so he picked it up . Later he took a marker and wrote the date and the names of the crew on it . I have it wrapped in tissue and locked in my safe . He only saved a couple of items from the war and this one is special to me .

Do you happen to know the name of the plane?
No . Not sure if it had a name .

Posts: 4068 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I would have to go with my 1953 Dodge. I'm 2 months older than the truck.

Army 3/4 ton?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I have a set of lobby cards from A Clockwork Orange. There is no R rating marked on them like all the others I've seen online so I am going to assume these are from the first run of the movie before it was edited to give it an R rating for American audiences. I've never been able to verify that though.

http://imaginekitty.com/CWO/

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
It is a Gary Connor, Clemson soccer card. Not because of Gary Connor, who was a great player in his own right, but for the fact that on his card, in the background, is my mother, myself, and three of my friends who attended the game. The only reason we were in the pic - my friends and I were in trouble . We were behind the stands, kicking the our own soccer ball, got carried away, and ended up kicking the ball over the stands and onto the field where they had to stop play.

Pretty cool none-the-less!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before my father passed he gave me his “cube” of steel from the hull of the Soviet submarine raised by the Glomar Explorer.

Posts: 289 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
A couple of things come to mind. The first is a Valet autostrop razor passed down through our family. Always thought it looked cool, never tried to use it.

The second is the crewman wings from an old family friend who has long since passed away. He was a B17 crewman deployed to Pearl Harbor and was stationed there during the attack.

Michael

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a fully restored Collins 75A4 Ham Receiver.
I frequently compare it to current technology and except for new bells and whistles and modern filter capabilities, it ‘hears’ as well as most of my Elecraft equipment.
Even though I have a good bit of current technology equipment it is my flagship radio.
I understand it cost more than a months wages when new, which was in 1954, a year after I was born.

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
A cock ring. I’d post a picture, but...

AKA , The chicken dance? ( this is why I suck at jokes ) <---------- There ya go. As I read it again ...... I got nuttin.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
My great-great-grandfather's sword.

I have my great, great, great, great, great Grandfather's Hussar Calvary sword.

I have 2 sons. I'm not sure who will get it next. Either the first to get married, or to my first born grandson.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I have a glass beer schooner and brass beer or whiskey tap from “The Marchand Saloon” in Bonnie Terre, MO

Picture below is of Louis Marchand; circa 1903, behind his bar.

He was my great-grandfather.

Still in the family are the small oak chest that carried all his possessions when he emigrated from Sermamagny, France (Alsace) in 1872. We also have his pearl handled S&W and brass handled dagger that were usually tucked behind his apron when tending bar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: feersum dreadnaught,

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
My great-great-grandfather's sword.

Nice. I take it you know what it is from too?

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
I have a 2" model 66. It's cool because it's unusual. Looks like any other 66 but it has the transfer bar safety but does not have the internal lock. I'm guessing it was made during a transitional period...

Also My RSX Big Grin

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3812 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Very cool!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
I have a jersey autographed by Mario Lemieux. Not just any autographed jersey purchased with a COA. He personalized this one to me. The pen he used is on the back of the frame.

Fellow Pittsburgher here. Smile

I have Marc Andre Fleury's game worn jersey from the last game the Pens ever played in the Mellon Arena. It was not a great game, Fleury actually got pulled and the Pens lost that Game 6 of the 2010 playoffs to the Montreal Canadians. More than that though, it reminded me of the time I spent there with my dad.

My Dad worked at the Civic Arena from the day it opened until he died in 1996. I used to be able to tag along with him as long as my homework was done after school. It's where I first saw hockey and fell in love with the sport. I played midget (as a goalie of course) for a couple of years, and he used to drive me to practices and games at all hours before there was a lot of ice available. When he was done at work we used to sit and watch the rest of the Pens games together. When they drafted Mario, he kept telling me that "this kid is special", that they would win it all with him. It became harder and harder to tag along without buying tickets, and then college and starting a family came along, but I am blessed with the memories and happy that he was able to see the Pens with their first two Cups. When I had a chance to grab the Fleury jersey, all of the memories seemed to come right back. So its a link to the team and my dad and a tribute to the memories, as all of it has changed today.

Posts: 218 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Perhaps not the coolest, but it is rare and was a fun time! This was from 2002 IIRC.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
There are many things I own that are worth more but one item that I cherish is an old 16 gauge shotgun given to me by my wife's grandfather.
It was given to him by his father when he turned fourteen. He said it kept his family fed during the Great Depression.

He could have given it to one of his sons but he chose to give it to me.
I have fond memories of him and of hunting on his land.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post